TV SD National Engineering Laboratory, a division of TV SD Ltd, is an international provider of technical consultancy, R&D, testing and measurement services with an excellent reputation built up over 50 years.
Having been working in hydrogen flow measurement for over 4 years now as part of the NMS, demand for our services and our team continues to grow, with work covering design and build of facilities, R&D and consultancy. Furthermore, in 2023 we will be launching a range of more general TIC services related to the hydrogen sector including electrolyser certification, power-to-X, process safety and HRS auditing. We are now looking for someone to lead these exciting new developments, and take on the challenge of running our hydrogen industry services business line that covers all these topics and potentially more.
The position will involve full management responsibility for this service line, including business development, developing and managing relationships with clients, order intake, and overseeing technical delivery. The consultancy work will involve not just desk-based studies, but also physical testing in our growing suite of hydrogen flow facilities, for which you will oversee the outputs and data analysis. The testing, inspection and certification services for the hydrogen sector will involve building and running a team of engineers who will do both desk-based assessments and on-site inspections and audits.
The role can be primarily home or office based, or with a hybrid working pattern, but will require periodic attendance at our East Kilbride facilities and travel for business to visit customers and events (total travel time <30%). The candidate must have the ability to work in the UK.Essential Requirements For The Candidate
Advantageous Requirements For The Candidate
- A strong background and demonstrable experience in process engineering, inspection and/or consultancy
- Broad strategic and political knowledge of the decarbonised energy sector, most especially hydrogen
- Highly customer orientated, with a good network in the energy sector and/or flow metering community
- The ability to work on both theoretical and practical aspects of technical work, demonstrated by tangible examples
- Experience of undertaking business development activities
- Previous line management and/or team leadership experience
- A good first degree (2:1 or 1st) in engineering, physics, or other STEM subject, or equivalent
- Be genuinely enthusiastic about and committed to the energy transition and drive to net-zero
- Be happy working in a distributed, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Be self-motivated and able to provide the driving force for projects
- Excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft office suite of applications
- A demonstrable track record of winning and delivering consultancy projects
- A broad knowledge of flow measurement and fluid dynamics, with a broad knowledge of different flow meter types and their principles of operation
- Experience leading a consultancy service
- Detailed technical knowledge and experience working with hydrogen and/or knowledge of this sector and associated technologies
- Knowledge of relevant documentary standards, regulations and legislation related to the hydrogen energy sector
- Knowledge of relevant documentary standards, regulations and legislation related to flow measurement in the energy sector
- A Masters and/or PhD or EngD in engineering or the physical sciences
- A track record of conference presentations, academic publications and/or patents
TV SD in the UK offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes a minimum of 33 days holiday entitlement (for full-time employees, including public holidays), a contributory Group Personal Pension Plan and a non-contributory Group Life Assurance Scheme. We also offer various Salary Exchange/Sacrifice schemes (buying/selling holiday, cycle to work scheme, pensions), incentive schemes and comprehensive wellbeing support (Employee Assistance Programme, Dental Scheme and Occupational Health services). Dependent on their role, employees may also be eligible for hybrid/permanent home-working, a Company Car/Car Allowance and Private Medical Insurance.