Salary: £40,876.00 DOE
3 shift rotation: Monday to Friday - 6-2pm/2-10pm and 10pm-6am
Do you want to use your skills and knowledge within a company that evolves around the circular economy?
We, at Renewi, are a strong team with a powerful ethos. People join us because they want to make a difference.
You’ll quickly discover our values are part of our DNA and run through all we do at Renewi. We’re made up of people from all walks of life – it’s what makes our team so fantastic. We are committed to hiring great people from a wide variety of backgrounds. If you share our values and our purpose, continue reading to find out more about our Maintenance Technician position in Carlisle.
We are at our strongest when we all work together. This role encompasses working alongside an experienced team of technicians providing diagnosis and carrying out repairs to reduce plant downtime.
Our plant is helping the world move closer to a circular economy, a world where we waste no more. To achieve this our maintenance technicians are constantly creating new ways of working in order to be able to anticipate machine failures and make such changes or recommendations to prevent reoccurrence. Supporting initiatives and being proactive in the development of equipment, practices and systems is also essential.
Safety is our number one priority, so carrying out maintenance in a safe and secure manner is an integral part of this role. We do this by ensuring H&S standards are strictly maintained and all related documentation is completed.
Your key responsibilities:
- Carrying out plant upgrades and modifications to the required standards
- Reporting, through computerised maintenance management system, all work carried out
- Development and implementation of a programme of planned preventative maintenance and inspection to minimise downtime, provide records of recurrent faulting and engineered solutions to these issues
- To be available for planned maintenance shutdown periods (reasonable notice will be given)
- Liaising with external contractors on specific repairs/maintenance, including some weekend working
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with all company policies, processes and procedures
Check out what we believe will help you be successful in this role:
- Experienced Mechanical/Multi-Skilled Engineer working in a process or production environment.
- A willingness to learn new skills and adapt to a changing environment as required.
- An HNC/HND/C+G (or Industry equivalent) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering is preferable but not essential; however, your practical experience should be proven, some Electrical principle knowledge would also be advantageous.
- You will have a good level of experience working to clearly defined KPIs and delivering continuous improvement within an operational environment.
- Knowledge and practical experience of large Conveyors, Chain Drives, Hydraulics, material Compactors, Shredders, Overhead cranes and Pneumatics
What do we offer you?
- A competitive salary
- Enhanced employer contribution pension plan
- 33 days’ annual leave entitlement including statutory holidays
- Access to our Sharesave scheme – Your chance to own shares in the business you work so hard for
- Numerous opportunities for career development, we have a history of promoting from within
- Access to Renewi wellbeing and reward platform from Day 1
- Varying job in an international, dynamic organization in which you can continue to develop yourself and with freedom for own input that is taken into account.
Who are we?
We exclusively focus on extracting value from waste.
Our vision is to be the leading waste-to-product company in the world’s most advanced circular economies – contributing to a sustainable society for all key stakeholders: customers, suppliers, local communities, employees, regulators, Governments, investors, and lenders.
What do we mean by waste-to-product? At Renewi, we exclusively focus on extracting value from waste rather than on its disposal through mass burn incineration or landfill.
Of the 14 million tonnes of waste we handle a year, 89% is either recycled or used for energy recovery.