At British Gas, we have a huge opportunity to help customers, and the nation, prepare for a net zero
future and support them through a once in a generation cost-of-living crisis.
We’re one of the best-known services companies in the country. We have a compelling set of low carbon solutions
for customers, a family of door-opening brands and we’re really excited about the future.
Whether we’re installing an EV charger on every driveway in the UK, introducing thousands of homes a year to the benefits of heat pumps, or creating a market-leading platform and set of propositions within Hive, our ambition
PH Jones are a thriving heating, electrical and renewable technologies contractor, owned by British Gas who are on the hunt for a Senior Business Development Manager
to join a fast paced, dynamic team.
Due to ambitious growth plans, PH Jones is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Senior Business Development Manager
to proactively uncover and develop client relationships and build our brand presence in the market. This is a rewarding opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate salesperson to excel with the support of a FTSE 100 owned company.
Senior Business Development Manager - The Role
- Support the business in their journey to net zero carbon by being the subject matter expert in products and solutions
- Strategy working closely with the national operations net zero carbon manager to develop and implement PH Jones net zero carbon strategy
- Farming work with existing clients and the ops teams to identify growth opportunities then convert these into sales supporting operations
- Support PH Jones clients in their journey to net zero carbon working with them to formulate their strategy and take advantage of funding opportunities
- Champion in the delivery of the gas heating and electrical contracting experience
- Identify suitable sales opportunity by contacting potential clients, discovering and exploring how our contracting solutions best meet the needs of the client
- Nurture and manage a pipeline of new business opportunities to ensure delivery of the sales plan
- Develop and maintain customer account plans that capture strategic goals, tactics and activity
- Provide innovative solutions to influence clients, leveraging the wider British Gas brand and propositions as appropriate
- Filters potential business through analysis of our competitors and shares market intelligence to influence the strategies and tactical position adopted by PH Jones
- Maintain high standards of service and be an ambassador of the PH Jones and British Gas brand values
- Account management working with existing clients to drive new work streams and opportunities
- Develop marketing strategies to raise PH Jones external and internal profiles
- Work with the Centrica team to support them with evidence and marketing opportunities to positively promote the brands net zero carbon capabilities and projects
- Support the wider business on net zero carbon supporting their growth journey
- Working closely with the Centrica/Hive grid services/DSR team to support their growth by acting as an intelligent client and finding them opportunities to position the technologies both for trials and at scale
- Business readiness working with the wider PH Jones team to ensure that we have the credentials and skills to be effective and grow in the net zero carbon space including compliance, Admin, Ops, HSE, IS, Commercial, Bid and finance
- Collaborate with the wider British Gas and Centrica businesses to utilize their connections and abilities to support the growth of PH Jones renewables capability
- Identify and grow additional opportunities to support PH Jones and the wider business in their growth ambition for net zero carbon
- Attend trade shows and other events, including speaking on panels to raise the profile of PH Jones for renewables
- Work with manufacturers seeking their support on our growth journey working together to effectively land opportunities and mitigate supply chain risk
Senior Business Development Manager - The Person
- Be self-motivated with a desire to develop skills, knowledge & experience
- An interest in marketing and branding
- Solutions focused mindset
- Ability to motivate and lead a team of people of all levels
- An Interest in external markets bringing opportunity & understanding to stay ahead of the competition
- Work with a passion for delivering propositions and enhancing the business portfolio
- A strong communicator confident presenting customer solution at a senior level
- Adopt a collaborative approach to problem solving, sharing a common goal of offering the right solution to the client whist generating value to the business
- Knowledge and understanding of social housing environment preferred
Our people are the beating heart of our business.
We are incredibly proud of our commitment to being FlexFirst. From childcare to furry friends, we listened to our people and understood that they work best when they are comfortable and have a flexible working model that suits their individual needs. We embrace the opportunity to give our colleagues a choice to work from anywhere whilst still ensuring they can connect and engage with their teams through office days, employee networks and virtual events.
In addition, after listening to what matters most to them, we have tailored our well-being & benefits package around our employees:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Up to £580 Employee Energy Allowance
- Pension scheme
- Electric car lease scheme
- 33 days holiday allowance and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits, including technology vouchers & travel insurance
We are committed to creating a cleaner and greener future.
And we’re making big changes to help us get there. That means cutting customers' emissions and our own to reach net zero. And because our people are the beating heart of our business, we will continue to champion inclusivity, develop future skills and invest in our local communities to create a better world for everyone. As part of our reforestation project with WeForest, for every new employee that joins our family, we plant trees in underprivileged areas in Tanzania to offer farming and wildlife economy opportunities for locals.