Passionate people create exceptional things
Did you know that the solutions we develop are a key part of most industries? Electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more.
We´re everywhere! Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations. With our inclusive and caring environment, you get the support and inspiration you need to grow.
Here, your ideas are embraced, and you never stop learning. Interested in being part of our team?
Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
Senior Software Engineer – Eastbourne
This Role Requires Experience Of Embedded Software Systems/development
Open up a world of opportunity, by joining Edwards Eastbourne at this exciting time, where we are expanding to meet customer demand. Our talented teams have been at the forefront of innovation for more than 100 years and our environments are where creativity thrives. With our Eastbourne site being responsible for creating motor controllers and drives, that in turn make the electronic equipment, (e.g. Smartphones) of the future.
The Senior Electronics Engineer will be designing and developing electronic solutions, facilitating New Product Introduction (NPI) for the purposes of vacuum pump systems within the Atlas Copco Vacuum Technique business area.
- Maintain awareness of product roadmaps and priorities in the Vacuum Technique Division as well as related research developments taking place in the NTV department whilst developing an awareness of industry trends.
- Release production ready code with design and test documentation in line with company standards. Maintain an agreed approach to version control and software releases
- Suggest and promote improvements to the software development process, identifying opportunities for software to be developed more rapidly and to a higher quality.
- Develop test harnesses, test scripts and automation for software validation. Provide guidance on writing good requirements, as well as test scripts and maintainable software code
- Provide internal/external customer support for new and existing projects (investigation & diagnosing of software and hardware defects).
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to more junior members of the development team in specific technology areas.
- Take responsibility for one's own continuous learning and development.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary or software SCRUM-based projects to develop and test design features and functions in software. Provide technical support in specialist areas to other members of the team.
- Use specialist software knowledge to develop innovative software solutions that that solve complex problems and deliver added value to Atlas Copco products.
- Design software solutions that scale and encourage reuse from other members of the team.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Bachelor or Masters degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline.
- Experience in developing software for supporting customer-deliverable electronics based products.
- Good understanding of software development processes.
- Must be a good communicator and have excellent fluency in spoken and written English.
- Some experience working in a global engineering environment and working with international teams to deliver software solutions.
- Some experience working in a multi-disciplinary design environment
- Experience working in a regulated, compliance-driven industry
What We Offer
We are a friendly team with a family feel, where people support each other, and you will be welcomed with a smile as you move around the site.
Our managers are dedicated to developing and supporting their teams, putting in place personal development plans to help you meet your personal goals. As part of the Atlas Copco Group, you have access to a world of opportunities with our internal development openings and an environment where individuals are empowered to act. Our mission in to be sustainable and profitable, delivering efficient production and reliable products. With a vision to be first in mind, first in choice to our customers.
- Pension with an employer contribution up to 8%
- Annual bonus starting at 7.5%
- Relocation package if applicable
- Flexible working
- Health Cash plan, worth up to £860 per year
- Subsidised canteen
- Cycle to work scheme
- Valued recognition programme, earning gifts, vouchers, and long service awards
- 33 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Wellbeing programme supporting, physical health, mental wellbeing, social connectedness, and sense of purpose
- Running club
- Fitness app, with stream-able classes
- Free fruit
Edwards Innovation Hub
We want to be a workplace for everyone. At Edwards we know that diversity and inclusion are critical to our long-term success. We know that diversity and inclusion help us understand our customers’ needs and strengthen employee motivation, productivity, innovation and results. Edwards invite applications from candidates looking for full time and job share opportunities.
Edwards is a leading developer and manufacturer of sophisticated vacuum products, exhaust management systems and related value-added services. Edwards solutions are integral to manufacturing processes for semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells. They are also used within an increasingly diverse range of industrial processes including power, glass and other coating applications; steel and other metallurgy; pharmaceutical and chemical; and for scientific instruments in a wide range of R&D applications.
Edwards has over 4,000 employees worldwide engaged in the design, manufacture and support of high technology vacuum and exhaust management equipment. Edwards has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Europe, Asia and North America.
Diverse by nature and inclusive by choice
Bright ideas come from all of us. The more unique perspectives we embrace, the more innovative we are. Together we build a culture where difference is valued and we share a deep sense of purpose and belonging.