This is a great opportunity for an Enterprise Data Architect join a leading service provider to the global commercial insurance community. Accounting for more than £80 billion in financial settlements, the London Insurance Market is in a period of strategic change, delivering new digital services as defined in the vision set out by the Lloyd’s Blueprint. As provider of core Premiums and Claims processing services the DXC London Market Account is set to play a pivotal role in the overall market transformation and requires an Enterprise Data Architect with a proven track record defining and delivering innovative data strategies employing cutting edge technology to the end to end management of the data lifecycle.
The successful candidate will have deep experience in Data Modelling, Data Architecture and Data Analytics, will have a clear understanding of the importance of up to date, accurate and accessible data to the enterprise and a clear vision of how to leverage data to aid business decisioning and drive revenue potential through reporting and analytics and optimisation.
Reporting to the Chief Architect, the Enterprise Data Architect will be accountable for defining and governing solutions for a digital transformation program that will deliver a new, API enabled platform providing open access to an ecosystem of Insurance companies, service providers and product vendors to drive business value though improved accuracy and availability of data, reduced manual processing overheads as well as real time and analytical insights.
Responsibilities as the Enterprise Data Architect
- Define and manage an Enterprise Data Strategy, supporting the business strategy and objectives
- Conduct detailed analysis of business processes, requirements, and scenarios to produce high quality Logical Data Models and wok with senior stakeholders, third party partners and standards organisations to gain approval for finished artefacts
- Work with and customise Industry Standard Logical Data Models to produce and maintain models tailored to the specific business domain
- Define and document and maintain business value chain for enterprise data
- Analyse business process to identify and document key data dependency through key end to end business process flows
- Work with internal and external development teams and technical architects to drive logical service architecture design, external API contract design, and internal physical data model design.
- Work with Technical BAs to analyse existing system behaviour, data models and business process implementations to facilitate logical to physical data mapping into existing systems to drive system integration designs and data transformation.
- Design data models and patters for downstream data exposure to facilitate accessibility for and analytics, BI, MI and reporting, both internal and external
- Work with external 3dr party standards bodies to define and maintain global messaging standards
- Based on business process analysis, understand and document lifecycles of key data entities and define non-functional requirements for data consistency, integrity availability, latency and auditability.
- Work with Security Architects to define and agree data security classifications for data defined in data models
- Define and manage data governance framework for the program and work with existing architecture team to hand into BAU
Skills and Experience as Enterprise Data Architect
- Experience in defining high quality Logical Data Models, and gaining approval for such models in a complex stakeholder environment
- Experience of stakeholder management including senior stakeholders, 3rd party partners and standards organisations
- Experience of working with industry standard data models and extending those models to support business requirements
- Experience of working in an insurance business domain and with insurance logical data models, in particular commercial insurance
- Experience with a wide variety of technical domains from green field microservice architectures to workflow management systems integration tooling and mainframe
- Experience of Logical Physical data mapping and of large scale transformation projects moving from complex legacy system domains to modern digital applications
- Experience of defining transition plans and roadmaps for data migration, including both bulk and gradual migration
- Experience of defining patterns for and implementing BI/MI, analytics and machine learning on large volume datasets
- Experience of data designing and implementing data security policies and regulatory compliance
- Experience of defining and implementing governance processes for data management
- Experience of working with external standards organisations
- TOGAF Certified