‘Engineering excellence through proficiency.’
ReachActive provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
ReachActive provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complementary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering services.
- Safety – continuous promotion of a safety culture targeting zero harm
- Teamwork – collaborating and benefiting from working together
- Respect – for staff, clients, communities and the environment
- Integrity – delivering on promises
- Vision – be open to all possibilities
- Excellence – dedicated to high quality in all ReachActive does
ReachActive continuously evaluate performance against our STRIVE values.
To oversee and manage the day-to-day site activities on commercial EV installations including the installation of civil and power networks within the public highways and on site and the installation of commercial EV chargers, as allocated by your line manager.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- To oversee and manage the day-to-day activities on projects, as allocated by your line manager.
- Oversee direct crews and subcontractors on site, in their day to day activities, to ensure completion of all works to a high standard and specific specifications
- Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety requirements.
- Liaise with client’s and Stakeholders on site, providing excellent customer service to meet and exceed the client’s expectations.
- Be aware of and promote Reach Active Group Limited Health and Safety policies and risk management.
- Completing and issuing daily, weekly and monthly KPI documentation and Client / project reports.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in the utility power sector is essential
- Strong customer service/people facing skills
- Excellent organisation skills.
- A high level of health and safety knowledge.
- Planning experience.
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme. (SMSTS).
- NRSWA (Supervisor).
- CSCS Professional Card (White) or Engineering Services Skill Card (Black).
- First Aid at Work (3 Day Qualification).
- IT Literacy - Must to be at a good standard.
- English & Grammar – Reading and writing must be at a good standard in relation to completing client reports and e-mail correspondence.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Experience in delivering commercial EV charger installations.
- Experience in managing contract conditions e.g. NEC/JCT.
- Engineering Degree.
- HNC/HND Electrical Engineering or Civil Engineering.
- Deep Excavation and Trench Support.
- City & Guilds Basic Electrical Theory.
- Lifting Operations Appointed Person (AP).
- Confined Spaces Appointed Person (AP).
- Confined Space Entry Certification
- UKPN & SSE 132kV Substation Access.
- EUSR Accreditation
- Cable Winch Operations Certification.
- Asbestos Awareness.
- Manual Handling.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel sites throughout the UK, with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be a requirement for site management to cover out of hours works i.e. weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, the successful candidate must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
N.B., It should also be noted that the above list of principal duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only.