Job Profile Summary
Want to be part of something Electrifying?
bp pulse are the UK’s fastest growing EV charging network and we need YOU to help us on our adventure to get to an Electric Future and become NetZero.
We’re looking to meet the growing global demand for safe, sustainable, and affordable energy. We aim to deliver the fastest, most convenient network of 100,000 EV charging points worldwide by 2030. To do this, we need to rapidly grow our fantastic team with the best EV experts out there. YOU can help us get there, we’re searching for skilled EV experts who are passionate and curious individuals to join our team to help the world electrify!
As part of this continued growth we have an opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join our busy Tech team in Milton Keynes. As Systems Engineer you will define and deliver new features for bp Pulse in areas such as smart charging, grid integration and home integration. This will include analysis of user requirements and the design of the System to meet these user requirements. You will engage with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure growth of our products and development of customer offers. Optimizing the chemicals and fuels value chains to maximize integrated value will be a key opportunity and you will be digitally enabled and empowered by customer insights and data to deliver solutions.Job Advert
What you’ll be doing:
Your experience might include:
- Working within systems engineering to develop new features for bp Pulse in line with the bp Pulse engineering process
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to develop an appropriate system level solution based on clear feature definition and requirements
- Supporting in developing and managing of user and system requirements including traceability
- Analysis of functional, behavioral and performance requirements
- Designing, architectural design, functional decomposition and allocation and interface definition
- Support with system integration and user acceptance testing
- Facilitate reviews with stakeholders to ensure alignment between business functions
- Building and maintaining relationships with a range of stakeholders. For example, marketing, product owners and technical architects as interfacing with other business functions is essential
Why join us?
- Systems engineering, model-based systems engineering using SysML or UML, requirements management and traceability and interface definition
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in the field of science and engineering, with good experience in Systems Engineering
- Project delivery in a hybrid working environment (Agile / Waterfall) desirable but not essential
- Able to communicate complex technical considerations clearly and simply to a diverse audience
- Developing systems which use ISO15118, OCPP or similar protocols and experience with Vehicle Charging, smart Grid, Smart Metering, Renewable Energy
We are expanding our global business with the dynamism and buzz of a new start up. In this role you will feel empowered, capable, energised, and able to act as decision makers. In this role you will play an influential role in supporting bp’s ambition to achieve Net Zero by 2050 or sooner!
With benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, tremendous learning, and development opportunities to enable you to craft your own career path, life and health insurance, medical care package and many others. In this role you will feel empowered, capable, energised, and able to act as a key decision maker and influencer.
We operate a hybrid model encompassing office, remote home working and a flexible working policy to offer that work life balance!Entity
Customers & ProductsJob Family Group
IT&S GroupRelocation available
United KingdomAbout BP
CUSTOMER AND PRODUCTS
We’re gearing up for the future. At bp our goal for C&P is to deliver the future of mobility, energy and services for our customers by innovating with new business models and service platforms.
C&P will become a hub, housing our midstream, lubricants, aviation, sale of chemicals, mobility and convenience, marketing and our next-generation businesses, making it a highly integrated and interconnected organisation. And with safety being our core value, our commitment to safe and reliable operations will never change.Experience Level
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic background, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.