Role Profile Responsible for mitigation of Regulatory and Operational risk across multiple proprietary surveillance platforms created internally.
- Conducts exploration and investigation of solutions, including utilising artificial intelligence
- Undertakes proof of concept design and development in order to create value for LSEG
- Extracts meaning from large scale, structured, unstructured and semi-structured data
- Recommends underlying data systems, including big data solutions, and data analytic tool sets Key Behaviours
- The ability to map a business requirement to known problems / come up with algorithms that are good and computationally efficient
- Translate technical findings to non-technical users and communicating using well-designed visualizations
- Receptive to change and new ways of thinking and is innovative
- Willingness to work within a team of people, is collaborative
- Ability to learn quickly and willingness to learn regulations and new technologies
- A degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Maths or Engineering
- 5-7 years’ experience working within coding, QA and UI
- Knowledge of any of the following Languages (Python, Scala, Angular JS, C++, Java, Vert.x, Qt, Polymer)
- Knowledge in SQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle SQL
- Appreciation of good programming practices
- Good analytical and data visualization skills
- Significant experience formalising data science solutions based on a set of business requirements Key Skills (Desirable)
- Domain knowledge on financial markets (FX/commodities), models of liquidity, market surveillance and regulation
- Knowledge in Big data
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.