- Permanent Position
- £40,000-45,000 per annum + Discretionary Bonus + Benefits
- Based in Coventry
- Full Time
- Onsite working and potential hybrid working subject to work requirements.
- Discretionary Half Year Bonus
- Hybrid Working - subject to operations
- Flexible working hours - subject to operations
- Holidays – 25 days + 8 Bank Holidays + Holiday Purchase Scheme (5 days max)
- Pension – Employer 3% and Employee 5% contribution
- Life Cover – 3 x base salary
- BHSF Cash Healthcare Plan
The Supportability/ILS/TTLS Engineer (SE) will be responsible for assisting the Integrated Logistic Support Manager (ILSM) and other functions to influence NP Aerospace product design to account for logistic supportability considerations; identifying safety, supportability and maintainability requirements are accounted for through-out its lifecycle. This will include input into (and conduct of) appropriate Supportability analysis tasks; typically to include Levels Of Repair Analysis (LORA), Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA), Maintenance and Logistic Demonstrations.
Capable of creating a cost-effective support solution, the SE will be able to define spares ranging and scaling, plan and conduct trial/proof installations, evaluate technical publications and associated support procedures. You will be required to ensure accurate and timely maintenance/support information is provided into the wider support programme and multiple stake holders.
Able to work just as easily on their own, using initiative, as in a multi-disciplined engineering team, the SE will be comfortable with handling liaison with external agencies for delivery and configuration management of technical publication solutions to ensure timely review, quality, and delivery of documentation.
WHAT DO WE DO AT NP AEROSPACE?
NP Aerospace is a global armour technology manufacturer and vehicle integrator with high performance, lifesaving solutions for the defence and security industry.
Our mission is to be the best at delivering products and services that bring our loved one's home and this is firmly embedded in our culture.
Our range of combat proven body armour from ballistic helmets, plates and shields to bomb disposal suits contains some of the most advanced composite materials and we have a team of R&D engineers working to develop next generation solutions. Our expertise also extends to highly engineered vehicle systems and armour platforms used by some of the world’s largest defence organisations.
NP Aerospace was originally established in 1926 and has served the defence industry for over 40 years, growing into an agile and diverse company with an expanding Business Development team both in the UK and North America.
Do you want to work for a company which develops products that make a difference? Read on and visit our LinkedIn page to find out more about us!
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct Supportability Analysis tasks, including maintenance task analysis (MTA), ease of maintenance assessment (EMA), Levels of Repair Analysis (LORA) identifying maintenance process, procedure and resource requirements (e.g. spares, tools, test equipment, facilities, packaging, codification and training needs).
- Collation of logistic information from internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Influence design for supportability at design reviews, identifying and managing the support impact of any design change.
- Review technical publications to ensure accuracy and configuration.
- Support the introduction into service, and ongoing sustainment of the overall support solutions.
- Conduct and support logistic demonstrations
- Participate in vehicle trials, providing vehicle supportability expertise.
- Manage all Technical Publications activities throughout the tendering, production and delivery processes to ensure that customer requirements are met or exceeded.
- Others duties as required.
- Provide influence of programme planning to incorporate Supportability Engineering deliverables.
- Ensure all Technical Publications are produced to customer specification and that the operating, maintenance, and repair procedures are precise, configured and competently documented to specification.
- Implement agreed support solution tasks in accordance with the agreed schedule.
- Maintain technical configuration of publications, engineering/logistic support libraries or repositories.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- ONC/HNC in a related engineering discipline
- Working knowledge of military vehicles and support systems, eg NATO codification, AESPs, REME, DLODs
- Able to achieve security clearance to SC level
- Working knowledge of DefStan 00-600, Defence Logistics Framework (or JSP886 Vol 7) and Defence Lines Of Development (DLODs).
- Experience of working with and/or creation of technical publications, documents, and reports.
- Working knowledge of applying SA techniques, including LORA, EMA, MTA.
- Experience of logistic demonstrations.