We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
In today’s world it’s important to work for a company that has clear purpose, giving back to communities and supporting what is truly important in the world.
When considering a career move its vital to work for a business that is aligned to your values and goals, a place where you can belong. See what WSP stands for in 2023 and beyond…
To find out more about our business click on the following link and discover what awaits you at WSP: https://www.wsp.com/en-gb/what-we-do
The Wood Group Environment & Infrastructure (E&I) business is now part of WSP following its recent acquisition.
Your new role, what's involved?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Consultant/Senior Consultant to join our successful and growing Environment and Consents nationwide team. This post represents a challenging and exciting opportunity to manage and deliver planning and environmental inputs to a range of projects for a wide client base. This includes projects to be consented under the Planning Act 2008 in low carbon and hydrogen, energy generation and transmission, minerals, waste and transport. Our projects are varied in nature and at the leading edge of professional practice, so this is a great opportunity to use your experience to develop your career and help guide and shape our continued growth.
We’re looking for individuals who are passionate about delivering effective planning and environmental advice and positively influencing the performance of major infrastructure projects. We can be flexible on location for the right candidate and could consider a base in any of the following locations: Glasgow, Bristol, Shrewsbury, London, Manchester, Newcastle (hybrid working is available).
The role will involve:
- Working as part of multidisciplinary teams to deliver inputs across all project lifecycles from early strategy development, through feasibility/optioneering to detailed design and assessment
- Interface with the wider project stakeholders including the client’s engineering team, consultation leads, lawyers etc
- Authoring supporting documents for pre-application discussions, planning applications and EIA deliverables
- Representing the business and its clients to key stakeholders, local authorities, regulators and industry as required
- Providing clients with the appropriate technical and consenting advice for their projects
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree (or equivalent) in Town Planning or relevant environmental discipline
- Membership of the RTPI (or other relevant organisation such as IEMA)
- Demonstrable experience in the UK
- A full driving licence
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. As a Disability Confident leader, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria, please let us know if you require any workplace adjustments in support of your application.
Please note WSP reserves the right to close the vacancy before the advertised closing date.