As part of our continued expansion, we are looking for Project Engineers, with oil and gas experience, based in Covent Garden London 3 days per week, home working 2 days.
IOG is a Net Zero UK gas and infrastructure operator focused on becoming a material developer and producer into the UK energy market from our 50% owned and operated, low-risk offshore gas portfolio. Our gas will be transported through co-owned infrastructure, to deliver significant cost savings and maximise shareholder returns
With the aim of delivering high return projects. Our strategy is to be a safe, efficient and low-carbon developer and producer of high-value gas.
We aim to deliver sustainable shareholder value through disciplined execution of our focused hub strategy. The foundation of this strategy is the competitive advantage of our infrastructure ownership and operatorship, from low-impact offshore platforms through our pipeline network to our onshore gas reception facilities.
We plan to use this production system as a springboard for successive phases of investment and growth, generating enhanced returns by commercialising gas assets across the full life cycle. We ascribe value to people, planet and profit alike, and follow a low-carbon operating philosophy founded on reuse of existing infrastructure. This will enable us to play a continued role in the UK’s Energy Transition and Net Zero target, while maximising domestic energy resources for UK homes and businesses.
Through the combined expertise of our people, our purpose is to build a differentiated energy company that is a partner of choice within our industry, with core values and culture of safety, integrity, ownership, performance, ingenuity and teamwork. The values provide a clear set of expectations and provide a shared culture of high performance with continuous learning and improvement throughout the organisation.
Today, we are a small, effective team of highly driven individuals with a common end goal and a key part of our growth plan is to secure the best talent on the market, and we are currently seeking to recruit an Engineering Manager.
We are looking for Project Engineers who have the
Ability to influence and manage external organisations
Change advocate – continuously challenging the status quo
Self-driven, creating targets, realising continuous improvement, realising opportunity to create value and improve safety performance and efficiency
Communication – builds trusting relationship with stakeholders and holds them to account using tact, diplomacy, and persuasion. Communicates at all levels with ease. Sets expectations to engineering, installation and construction contractors.
Collaborative – works without ego valuing success of team rather than self. Helps others (internal and external) succeed.
Business aware – Strong awareness of contractual arrangements with contractor organisations. and regulators. Has an appreciation of the company’s financial position and can make appropriate decisions and recommendations to protect and improve the viability of the company.
- Overall responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of assigned development project work scopes in adherence with IOG’s Project Definition and Execution process.
- Maintains the project specific roadmap and managing the timely completion and reporting of deliverables across all project workstreams and in adherence with the corresponding project execution plan (PEP).
- Responsible for maintaining the project decision register ensuring clarity and fit for purpose documentation of key project decision points.
- Oversight and management of the delivery of work packages by engineering and/or organisations to budget and schedule. Input into supporting contract management and performance plans.
- Ensuring all interfaces are effectively managed between both work streams and contracted organisations.
- Responsible for ensuring effective management of the project risks from identification, assessment, and mitigation across all workstreams and organisations.
- Oversight and management of project changes, and corresponding action plan(s).
- Responsible for project cost and schedule reporting against work plan and budget(s).
- Responsible for assigned regulatory compliance/PLANC items.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and preparation of the required materials for the governance process and associated gate reviews, peer reviews and audit/assurance activities.
- Project lead for Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR) and ensuring safe handover to operations.
- Provide proactive input in support of lessons learned across the development projects including application of incident investigation, root cause analysis etc.
- Technical discipline lead & Engineering Authority for IOG
- Works with IOG teams to peer review and mature developments to and through the select gate.
Contract holder for range of engineering contracts & work packages.
Annual budget: TBC, with direct input into costs estimation within CAPEX project scopes.
Direct reports – None
Indirect – Discipline & project engineers within engineering, installation and construction contractor(s) undertaking work packages.
The job holder will liaise with IOG Executive Team/ Technical department leads/ Pre-developments/Developments & Asset Operations.
The job holder will liaise with Regulator bodies/ JV Partner, CalEnergy/ Outsources duty holder organisations/ Key engineering support contracting organisations
Qualifications & Experience
Your skills and experience will include:
· Chartered Engineer/Project Professional equivalent.
· Major Capital Project definition and delivery experience, across all project lifecycle phases.
A broad understanding of fit for purpose project controls and associated processes to manage project risks and delivery systematically and efficiently.