Job Description -Team Leader - Mergers & Acquisitions Deals – Energy Transition- Asia Pacific
Job Location: Australia (Open to Sponsorship)
To solve important problems we need diverse talent. Our people use their creativity, authenticity and human differences to be champions of change. When people from diverse backgrounds, with different points of view, work together, we create incredible value - for our clients, our people and our society. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
Life isn’t simple. The challenges facing us all are complex, chewy and carry real risk. So at PwC, we’ve created ‘The New Equation’, a global strategy to tackle the challenges facing businesses and society. We’re coming together in new, creative ways to blend our experiences and uncover new, unexpected solutions. We focus on building trust, delivering sustained outcomes and helping our clients solve their most important problems.
Today’s challenges need a fresh angle. Your ingenuity, passion and experience, combined with the latest technology, can provide the answers we need. Together, we are a passionate community of solvers coming together in unexpected ways, creating new solutions for a new day.
We’re in the transformation business - for our clients and our people. We're a diverse, ambitious team who hunt for imaginative ways to solve our clients' most important challenges. You'll get to work with the latest technologies, in an environment that empowers you to think differently.
Energy Transition brings this to life by supporting our clients to create sustained and meaningful value, and drive economic, environmental and social prosperity. Our team works to support significant energy transition opportunities on a national scale by orchestrating an ecosystem of public and private stakeholders, both domestically and abroad, to provide rigorous strategic advice, encourage investment, and create change.
In the M&A Deals team within Energy Transitions, you will work in a fast-paced and exciting team, advising private sector clients on M&A, co-development and strategic reviews across all key asset classes: energy (renewable, storage, transmission/distribution, hydrogen and energy transition), waste, water and carbon. Leveraging expertise across the firm, our team is passionate about delivering impactful outcomes through investment in energy and environmental infrastructure projects.
We’re reimagining the possible, about what we can do, and how we can do it. And it all adds up to The New Equation.
As a Team Leader (M&A Deals) within our Energy Transition team your impact will be seen by:
- Running M&A and capital raise processes with support from Associates and oversight from Directors and Partners
- Supervising and reviewing the preparation of financial models, valuations and market entry strategy reports as well as participating in diligence processes, including the broader coordination of transaction workstreams
- Effectively managing multiple projects and collaborating with specialists across a range of disciplines (such as legal, tax and finance) to deliver an integrated transaction approach for our clients
- Preparing strategic advice for clients including sector summaries, trends and potential targets as well as lead, design and produce proposals and presentations for our clients
- Assessing emerging technologies, new entrants and industry trends and how these affect market structures
- Mentoring our team of Graduates and Associates to develop and support their professional goals and experience at PwC, whilst building confidence to navigate the industry and grow both personally and professionally.
- A background in finance, banking, corporate development, infrastructure development, law or engineering and are skilled in financial modelling, report writing, and project management.
- Specific Experiences in one of the following settings:
- Bankers with project finance / deal execution experience - Commercial or Institutional Banks
- Investment teams from Funds
- Business Development teams within corporates across the Energy & Utilities, Renewable, Infra and Oil and Gas sectors - with strong preference for the first two sectors
- Renewable Developers - investment / business development teams
- A strategic mindset and an understanding of key infrastructure concepts that impact on the delivery of essential services.
- 5-10 years of experience
Working here carries prestige, but that’s not the only benefit. We want you to be at your best here, and we’re focused on helping you do it, your way. Here are some of the ways we create balance between your work life and non-work life.
- Flexible daily working hours - we value work-life balance
- Work overseas or interstate - we know how precious time is with your family and friends
- Paid study (and leave!) - we’ll pay all the costs and give you time off to study
- Dress for your day - we trust you to choose what works best for you
- Yearly bonuses - get rewarded for great performance!
- Health & fitness perks, like a wellness stipend and discounted memberships
- Generous parental leave policy for mums, dads and foster carers
Our purpose is to solve the world’s most important problems together. Join our community of solvers, and bring your experience, passion and expertise to our world.
We believe the best work is human-led and tech-powered. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.