Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We're the world's largest independent renewable energy company. We're guided by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our goals would be impossible without our people. Because we're solving some of the world's toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They're our most important asset so that's why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they're at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes an impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell days, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.The Role
RES are proud of our reputation as leaders in renewable energy and for demonstrating that a zero carbon future is possible, affordable and desirable. To support our growth plans we are looking to develop a broad range of digital tools leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning (ML) to help scale our support service business which already operates more than 7GW of wind, solar and battery storage farms. Reporting to the Technical Director, the Head of AI Architecture will work alongside our software product teams to deliver a suite of digital tools which will help analyse and optimise our fleet of operational renewable energy assets. Our vision is for these tools to be available both to our internal userbase and our external clients to provide seamless digital management of our operational fleet.Job Description
The Head of AI Architecture will:
Knowledge & Skills
- Assist product teams by architecting AI/ML solutions and providing associated advice.
- Support product teams in helping develop an AI/ML strategy for their products.
- Provide targeted (and bounded) hands-on support to product teams during implementation of AI solutions.
- Line management of a small (1-2 person) team of AI/ML Engineers to support implementation of AI/ML solutions in Product Teams.
- Help build AI/ML competency and awareness within product teams.
- Maintain an overview of new and emergent AI/ML technologies and brief senior management and product teams of their potential impact on RES's business.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) including Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Computer Vision.
- Cloud (in particular Microsoft Azure)
- AI DevOps
- Understanding of commercial aspects of software and preparing client proposals.
- Knowledge of Operational Renewable Energy Asset Analytics (desirable)
- Knowledge of Renewable Energy Asset Management, O&M and other related service models (desirable).
- Appreciation for Agile Software development practices.
- Software accessibility best practices.
- Integrate with an existing international team
- MS Office
- Communication & presentation skills
- Experience of the application of Artificial Intelligences to tabular, time series, unstructured data (natural language) and image recognition.
- Experience collaborating with a Software Engineering team to deliver AI in a DevOps environment.
- Line management (desirable)
- Experience working within an agile software team
- Degree level qualification in Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Business, Product Design or related discipline or equivalent level of professional experience
At RES we celebrate difference as we know it makes our company a great place to work. Encouraging applicants with different backgrounds, ideas and points of view, we create teams who work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.