Join our Portfolio Performance Group (PPG) to gain exposure to a wide variety of specialist functions and work with senior executives on new investment opportunities and portfolio companies across the EMEA region.
The Portfolio Performance Group (PPG) is a new group, recently established within Macquarie Asset Management group (MAM), to enhance our traditional active approach to managing and driving performance of portfolio companies. PPG is a lean group of functional experts who work alongside investment teams and portfolio company management to identify key risks and opportunities in the portfolio, and work collaboratively to implement initiatives to address these.
PPG will comprise of functional specialists across Transformation and Operations, Workplace Health & Safety, Human Capital, Sustainability, IT and Cyber Security, Construction, Procurement and Data Science.
As an analyst or executive in the EMEA PPG team you will:
- Support PPG’s functional specialists on live transactions and ad hoc projects for existing investments, including coordinating external advisors
- Support the Transformation & Ops function within PPG with setting up transition plans for newly acquired assets using Project Management software, and coordination
- Support the delivery of key PPG initiatives and reporting, including:
- Work directly with the portfolio companies to structure efficient and effective extraction of key financial and operational performance data to MAM
- Data gathering, review and gap assessments for the EMEA portfolio across WHS, sustainability, and human capital (incentives, DEI and board composition) KPIs
- As required, monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly performance against operational & financial targets, budgets/cost controls, and risks (as part of Transition Plan or Asset Management operating cadence)
- Analysing KPI data to identify trends and insights
- Support the development of Business Intelligence (BI) visualisation tools including PowerBI and application dashboards to track progress
- Assist with the development and maintenance of PPG systems and materials such as playbooks and case studies
- Perform ad hoc research on topics within PPG’s functional areas
- Assist with managing PPG’s panel of preferred suppliers, including overseeing RfPs and onboarding and benchmarking suppliers
Leveraging 1 – 3 years in the investment banking industry, consulting, accounting, corporate development, or other relevant experience, you will have strong analytical and quantitative skills, with an ability to multitask.
If you’re a team player, proactive and have excellent written and oral communication skills to enable you to work effectively with people at all levels, we want to hear from you.About Macquarie Asset Management
In Macquarie Asset Management you will join a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than A$773/€523/£440/$US578 billion in assets globally, we provide access to specialist investment expertise across a range of capabilities including fixed income, equities, multi-asset solutions, private credit, infrastructure, green investments, natural assets, real estate, and asset finance.
All figures as at 31 March 2022. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.About Macquarie
A career at Macquarie means you’ll have the opportunity to develop and utilise new skills, explore interesting fields and do challenging work that will impact the lives of people around the world—whether it’s accelerating the green energy transition, helping sustain global food supplies, financing social housing projects or investing in essential infrastructure. At Macquarie, we’re empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future.
Our size and international presence means your work can take you anywhere—across business groups, disciplines, sectors and borders. With 18,000+ employees and offices in 33 markets around the world, we’re a truly global organisation.
You’ll be supported by a diverse team where the unique perspectives, ideas and experiences that all of our people bring are valued. You’ll be empowered to address unmet needs in our communities whilst advising and investing alongside our clients and partners. Working with us, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference.
Macquarie is a global financial group providing clients with asset management, retail and business banking, wealth management, leasing and asset financing, market access, commodity trading, renewables development, specialist advisory, capital raising and principal investment.
Find out more at www.macquarie.com/careersJob no:
Permanent - Full timeLocation:
Mid-level, Asset ManagementGroup:
Macquarie Asset ManagementDivision:
Jonathan HoldenOpening Date: