Join us as a Data Scientist, Climate
What You'll Do
- Working as part of a growing modelling team, you'll help our bank to make climate-first business decisions, helping to quantify the environmental impact of our lending
- Day-to-day, you'll guide our customers to reduce their carbon footprint in an economically sustainable manner, while identifying and working with large, complex data sets
- This is your opportunity to achieve excellent exposure in a challenging role as you focus on non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed
As a Data Scientist in the Climate Modelling team, you'll be evaluating and improving business processes and products while focusing on how our business and customers affect the world around us.
You'll be supporting and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams on a wide range of business problems, such as modelling the impact of climate change and identifying new, innovative ways to support our green transition.
You'll also be:
The Skills You'll Need
- Actively participating in the data community to identify and deliver opportunities to support our bank's strategic direction through the better use of data
- Supporting technical research projects, using data science modelling techniques to build solutions for climate-related problems
- Communicating effectively across our functions and franchises to make business recommendations, gaining business buy-in solutions tailored to our customers' needs
- Iteratively building and prototyping data analysis pipelines to provide insights that'll ultimately lead to production deployment
- Identifying methods, tools, and opportunities to deliver value through cost reduction, income generation or improved customer experiences through data science applications
To succeed in this role, you'll need evidence of previous project implementation and experience gained in a data-analysis-related field as part of a multidisciplinary team. Additionally, you'll hold a degree in a quantitative discipline, including computer science, statistics, mathematics or physics.
We're building a team who first and foremost believe in the mission of reducing our environmental impact. That's why experience of handling climate data would be advantageous, alongside knowledge of Amazon web services, structured query languages, Tableau and PySpark.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Experience of using advanced statistical techniques and machine learning models
- An understanding of how to use programming software, database languages, big data technologies and Cloud environments
- Good Python or R skills and the ability to demonstrate leadership, self-direction and a willingness to teach others and learn new techniques
- Experience of articulating and translating business questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt your communication style to a specific audience