is seeking to hire a Senior or Principal Consultant to work in the hydrogen energy
sector as part of our Sustainable Energy Solutions (SES) team.
SES integrates the acquisitions of Element Energy and E4tech into ERM, providing first-class subject matter experts to assist our clients in their drive to a low carbon future. SES now has over 170 experts in sustainable energy, working on topics such as low carbon buildings, transport, hydrogen, fuels, chemicals, energy networks, smart systems, energy policy, sustainability assessment and innovation projects.Why join ERM?
ERM is a leading global sustainability consultancy, established over 50 years ago with the goal of helping the world’s leading organisation to build a sustainable future. With over 8,000 people, offices worldwide and expertise in every area of sustainability, we support our clients to make changes and build businesses for long-term benefit.
People are at the heart of what ERM does. ERM is committed to the personal and professional development of all our staff, with each person having their own bespoke professional development plan for which they provide input.
As part of the SES team there will be opportunities to develop and apply your consulting skills as well as strategy, project management, business development and team leadership skills as part of a high calibre team. There will be frequent interaction with colleagues internationally and with clients at a range of locations globally, though most of our work is office-based, not client-based.
We offer a collegiate working culture, competitive remuneration, and a diverse and interesting environment at the cutting edge of sustainable energy.The role
Senior Consultants and Principal Consultants manage small analytical teams and lead the delivery of innovative, high impact projects. Our focus is all aspects of the hydrogen energy sector, from production to end-use, policy, business strategy and technology.
Seniors and Principals carry out and oversee research and quantitative analysis of diverse technologies, assess markets and regulations, and provide clients with thought leadership, insight and strategic advice. Staff at both levels are expected to contribute significantly to winning work and business development activities. Multiple career tracks are open to ERM staff to pursue technical specialisms, progress to Partnership or relocate to one of ERM’s many global locations.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing delivery of consultancy projects and ensure high quality outputs to clients on time and within budget
- Overseeing the work of other consultants, including setting tasks, supporting research and analysis, and reviewing and quality assuring outputs
- Identifying, resolving or escalating challenges in completing work in a timely and appropriate manner
- Acting as the principal point of contact for clients and developing excellent client relationships
- Contributing to business development activities including identifying opportunities, and supporting with proposal development
- Contributing to thought leadership in the hydrogen and fuel cells space and helping to build strong networks with industrial clients
- Contributing to development of the hydrogen and fuel cells team, databases, knowledge and models
- Complying with the relevant legislative requirements and HSE management system policies and procedures
We are seeking candidates with the following attributes:
- A degree in a relevant subject, ideally at Master’s level or above
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality consultancy work: 5+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of the hydrogen energy value chain
- Expertise in hydrogen technologies such as fuel cells and electrolysers is advantageous
- Proven commitment to sustainability
- Structured approach to and appetite for problem-solving
- Technical ability combined with commercial acumen
- Ability to motivate and lead teams and potentially line manage individuals; experience in line management of less experienced staff is advantageous
- Clear written and spoken communication for a range of audiences
- Fluent English, other languages welcome
We aim to build an inclusive culture by identifying, acquiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce that reflects the diverse global marketplace in which we operate, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious preference, sexual orientation, physical attributes, or educational background.
If you share our values and are interested in this role, please apply by sending your CV and a short cover letter explaining why you think you are suited to the role.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.