Sennen is hiring a junior back-end integration engineer to help integrate our global offshore wind farm and renewable energy management platform with our customer's systems.
Our vision is to transform infrastructure through technology, for a more sustainable world. Our mission is to become the go-to technology provider for renewable energy operators who are serious about safety, automation and efficiency at scale.
The Sennen platform ingests 'big data' from offshore wind farms, renewable energy sources and enterprise systems around the world - such as near real-time SCADA data from wind turbine sensors - which it processes and presents to energy operators, engineers, owners and investors.
Joining our team of back-end integration engineers, you'll soon be contributing to aspects such as; customer data needs mapping, solution design, customisation, API analysis and integration, back-end development, database modification, data transformation, data management and much more.
You'll also help build road mapped product features and, over time, there's scope to work more deeply within the back-end, such as on our event scheduler and data receiver, and/or to work more 'full-stack' across our products.
It's Node.js for the back-end and data handling, using functional TypeScript. We build reusable components to make life easier, plus our own custom framework.
We offer a collaborative and friendly culture, with a flat structure. We can offer technical mentoring, pairing and guidance while you progress into delivering on more challenging objectives. You'll also have lots of autonomy, with plenty of time for research, to try things out and to complete projects. You'll find us open minded and supportive of your development and ideas.
We're looking for
- Someone who relishes analysis, problem solving, and building effective software solutions
- Some foundational industry experience in a back-end, data-oriented, or full-stack context
- Proficiency with Node.js and enough TypeScript to soon be up to speed
- Experience writing HTTP/JSON and Node.js/Express services
- Ability to understand, document and integrate with third party REST APIs
- Ideally, some SQL skills
- Appreciation for concise, robust and readable code
- Understanding of good coding practices including testing and peer code reviews
- A collaborative approach, comfortable working with users and stakeholders with diverse perspectives and needs
You may also bring - or like to gain - skills such as
- Agile working
- Web sockets, message queue systems
- API development
- Data management
Our current stack - we'll help you get up to speed
Node.js | TypeScript | Ramda (functional JS framework) | React | Express | TimescaleDB (Postgres) | Visual Studio | AWS: SQS, SNS, S3 etc.
Salary and benefits
- £35,000 - £45,000 - we're keeping an open mind
- 25 days holiday, your birthday off, plus public holidays
- Share options incentive scheme
- Optional four-day week
- Flexible working hours
- A chance to be part of an exciting scale-up, set for rapid growth, with sustainability as its core value
Sennen is a scale-up 'clean tech' software company. Underpinning everything we do is a commitment to help deliver the energy transition to combat climate change and limit environmental destruction.
A team of 22 staff, of which 13 are engineers, we're busy and growing, with a healthy pipeline of new business wins, customer growth and innovation grants.
We offer autonomy to make a positive impact within a progressive team. Our friendly team is ready to help you understand our domain and to explore new responsibilities and personal growth to further your career development.
We're an equal opportunity employer. We'll do our best to make you feel listened to, valued and understood within our hiring process and organisation. https://www.sennen.tech.
Location: you choose - fully remote, hybrid, or from our office in Bristol. Remote and hybrid working has long been part of our culture. We get together quarterly, usually in Bristol, and we'll need you to attend in person, fully expensed, with reasonable notice.
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Andrew at techfolk to find out more:
0117 318 2447 | hello[at]techfolk.co.uk | [at]andrew_techfolk
Please note: we can only consider applicants that have an established right to work in the UK
RECRUITERS: Sennen has selected techfolk as its exclusive recruitment partner for this position and cold calling or speculative applications are not welcomed.