Cell therapy automation at a new TTP venture
Cell therapies have been shown to cure devasting and previously untreatable diseases like cancer by re-programming the patient's own immune system. Yet these therapies are coming to market in very small numbers. Giving patients access to these requires a revolution in manufacturing and process automation.
Cellular Origins, a TTP Company, is focused on enabling scalable, cost-effective and efficient manufacture of cell and gene therapies. Created to provide therapeutic developers access to the equipment they want, at the capacity they need, Cellular Origins’ proprietary technology addresses the challenges associated with manufacturing at scale, with an elegant solution for automated sterile fluidic interconnection that reduces cost and labour, eliminating human error, and increasing efficiency.
The team are looking for a Lead Software Architect to lead the software architectural roadmap of the Cellular Origins robotic automation system and instrumentation.
You will set the direction of all the software development and architecture; leading the development of high-level software specifications and architecture to meet system level functional and performance requirements. The system will require the ability of integration with other, external, enterprise platforms used in cell therapy manufacturing, such as MES’s, LIMS and EBMRs, as well as third party instrumentation.
You will join a collaborative, multidisciplinary team of engineers, scientists and designers with experience and passion for solving worthwhile problems in the Life Sciences. This is somewhere to really make your mark. Working in a technically challenging and impact-driven venture, with bright and ambitious peers.
- Translating high-level business needs into innovative software solutions
- Develop the architecture of Cellular Origins software systems, considering where to develop in house functionality and where to utilize 3rd party solutions .
- Collaborating with the multi-disciplinary team to determine software requirements
- Oversee the development of software projects and ideally contribute directly to the hands-on software development
- Manage all outsourced software development projects
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
We are looking for the following experience:
- Spearheaded the architecture of a new software system; has a strong architectural design skillset
- Understanding of software and controls systems used in manufacturing (SCADA, MES) and protocols for information exchange such as OPC – UA, familiarity with industrial IOT (IIOT).
- Developed cloud-based applications, including databases and database interfaces, data analytics & reporting
- Preferably, familiarity with embedded systems and how to interface with them
- Developed software systems in a regulated industry, preferably experience with GMP/GAMP 5
- Designed system to satisfy functional safety requirements or similar
- Understanding of different technologies and programming languages (incl. Python, C/C++)
- Understanding of Operational Technology (OT) and Information Technology (IT)
- Preferably, familiarity with designing for cybersecurity, following standards such as IEC 62443
Celullar Origins is part of TTP, an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We value the collaborative culture we’ve built and see the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and the business. However, we understand the importance of work-life balance and offer freedom and flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
Our employee benefits include:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- An activities and community fund that supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together; whether it’s lunchtime squash or football, Zumba or TTP’s own rock band. Colleagues initiate new clubs and outings whenever they feel there’s something missing!
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.