Our Head Office department is located in the heart of Piccadilly and occupies the 5th & 6th floor of our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
Fortnum & Mason are looking for a Data Engineer to join the Fortnum’s Family! To design, develop and support business intelligence and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge, enabling the Fortnum & Mason business to make better, more informed decisions by leveraging all sources of data wherever they exist. This involves working closely with Stakeholders in various departments from time to time to deliver reporting and ETL enhancements and being responsible to gather the requirements.
- Developing and maintaining Business Intelligence solutions that meet Fortnum’s evolving business growth.
- Developing and maintaining Fortnum’s self-service reporting solution using Power BI Premium
- Developing and maintaining data sources in Fortnum’s data lake – making sure that everything is documented and discoverable by a wider business team
- Apply business knowledge to raw data sources to create cleansed and curated data sets that can be used to feed application integrations or reporting/analytics functions
- Maintain and develop Fortnum’s ETL using Synapse dedicated pool.
- To work closely with business analysts to understand and refine business requirements, to create technical documentation that will support the development of required datasets
- Liaison with the DBA, Business Analysis, IT infrastructure, and IT Applications teams
- Provide third-line support and escalation for day-to-day operational issues Work alongside our DBA and monitoring team to proactively manage, monitor, and maintain all analytics infrastructure
- Takes ownership and accountability for critical initiatives and deliverables both internally and for clients
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrable experience as a BI Developer or Data Engineer
- Proven experience in the Azure BI toolset including Azure Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, Data Bricks, ADF framework, and considerable experience in T- SQL queries
- Knowledge of Microsoft Cloud BI technology (Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, Azure SQL, and Synapse Analytics)
- Dev Ops Pipelines or CI/CD – build, maintain or run.
- Experience with REST API to ingest data into a data lake
- Experience with Google Big query to ingest data into a data warehouse
- Strong cloud engineering experience
- Power BI Dashboard Visualisation and Paginated Reporting
- Strong experience using Visual Studio and facilitating source control software
- Experience in performance tuning and optimizing T-SQL, Store Procedures, and indexing
- Background in data warehouse architecture and design (e.g. dimensional modelling)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Loading and transforming large data sets, including structured and unstructured data from corporate and external sources
- Experienced in Tabular model development, DAX
- Experienced in working with Azure Power Platform Tool (Power Apps and Power Automate)
- MS Dynamic AX/D365 Experience an advantage
- Azure Logic Apps
- Retail industry experience is an advantage
- Working within an Agile delivery framework
- Knowledge of delivering DevOps capabilities for data projects
In return we offer the following fabulous benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Annual discretionary bonus
- A generous store and restaurant discount
- A subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays) a year and an extra day off for your birthday
- Excellent pension scheme
- Invitation to our annual staff party
- We value your service with us, we give you additional annual leave and incredible gifts once you’ve been with us for 5 years
At Fortnum & Mason we've been innovating for more than 300 years and as part of our mission to deliver a sense of pleasure for the centuries to come. We have grown to be a digitally focused and multi-channel company with the excitement of expanding our family to include those willing to grow with us.
Those who can consistently demonstrate individual initiative within a collaborative team framework, thrive at Fortnum & Mason. If this sounds like you, and you’re ready for the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you! Appy now!!