Protium Green Solutions (Trading name “Protium”) is a UK focused green hydrogen energy company, which supports businesses to reach net zero emissions across their heat, power and mobility requirements. We are but fast-growing company, with some of the leading global voices in the emerging green hydrogen market on our team. We are deeply passionate about addressing climate change and reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and our focus on green hydrogen is driven by the desire to see the UK transition rapidly towards renewable resources.
The first pure-play hydrogen energy company in the UK, we offer a unique opportunity to learn about the possibilities and challenges of deploying green hydrogen solutions. You will work on some of the most challenging and innovative decarbonisation projects that have been proposed in the UK (and perhaps the world), whilst contributing towards the UKʼs Net Zero emission goals. We offer regular contact time with senior management, as well as significant autonomy and authority to lead project workstreams and own relationships with clients as well as suppliers.
This is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious candidate that is looking to stretch their knowledge and skills and accelerate their career path.
Protium are looking for a competent Assistant Project Manager (APM) to assist our Project Managers in leading, monitoring and delivering on a variety of Protium’s exciting projects at different phases of development. Their activities will be essential for ensuring the efficient management of an array of end-to-end projects.
The APM will report into the Project Managers and COO. Their activities will include (but may not be limited to):
- Working closely with the project manager and contributing to the delivery of defined hydrogen integrated projects through all developmental stages from prefeasibility, through feasibility, financial close, EPC to operation.
- Managing and track the flow of information for projects and manage third parties including EPCs, OEMs, planning consultants, environmental consultants, and others – managing these contracts and reporting on performance.
- Assisting in tracking the communication and follow-up of stakeholders, including offtakers, estate agents, landowners, and community engagement (local and regional councils).
- Assisting the PM in project reporting including budgets, Project Plans, Work Breakdown Structures, key project risks and project resourcing requirements.
- Co-ordinating and follow-up on work from project stakeholders including technical leads, planning leads, financial leads, and associates.
- Supporting the team and wider business with specific tasks on projects and issues as required, including business development or tender submissions
- Maintaining industry knowledge on relevant wider issues, including consultation responses and industry representation as required.
- Semi-Regular UK travel will be required (around 20%).
Protium values candidates who are self-starters, willing to learn quickly and can contribute to part of an exciting company in a rapidly expanding industry. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced and challenging environment, as well as confident to put their ideas forward and challenge if required. The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 2+ years in an assistant project management role, with a proven ability to support project managers to deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working towards or attained qualifications in project management methodology such as PRINCE 2, APM or PMP.
- Experience in being part of a team delivering complex projects either in energy, construction industry or similar.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with stakeholders across all levels. Experience in risk management and conflict resolution also desirable.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Candidates must possess strong skills in full Microsoft office suite, notably PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety for projects in the construction and engineering industries.
- Experience in renewable project development is also a significant bonus, but it is not required.
- Experience reviewing technical scopes and deliverables to provide feedback to the Protium team and third parties.
- Knowledge of the renewable energy industry, primarily in wind and solar, hydrogen and/or fuel cell technologies is an advantage.
- Candidates should have a strong academic background, with a preference for candidates with a degree in fields such as Energy, Engineering, Sustainability, or any other relevant disciplines.
Location: South Wales, Edinburgh, London
Holiday: 28 days + national holidays