CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an Electrical Test Technician to join the team located in Cambridge where they will be working alongside one of our major Global Life Science Client's AstraZeneca. Role Purpose
The Electrical test technician role is to support the Technical compliance team to ensure the clients buildings across the clients estate are tested and inspected in line with the latest guidance and clients requirements. This mobile role will predominately be in and around the Cambridge area but will cover all of the clients southern account. We will expect you to carry out your role with minimum guidance and to liaise with the planning team and compliance team to ensure all KPI's are met and the systems are kept in a serviceable and safe condition.
Supporting all aspects of the accounts technical and compliance responsibilities;
- To work as part of a small testing team under taking high quality inspection and testing within laboratory, office and various other environments;
- To ensure the electrical systems are compliant with BS7671 and clients specific standards, ensuring implementation and compliance within these policies;
- Ensure the RCD 2 yearly testing is carried out;
- EV chargers 2 yearly inspection and testing is carried out;
- Repairs that can be completed whilst isolations are in place are completed to prevent the need to disrupt science for remedial repairs;
- EICR's are carried out to a high standard with only agreed limitations;
- Supporting site operation from electrical perspective.
- Ensure all health and safety policies and procedures set out by the client and employer are implemented;
- Attend weekly toolbox talks and complete all training set out by the client and employer;
- Use client compliance software to directly report on the condition of the electrical systems;
- Liaise with the client, planning team, compliance team and all other shareholders;
- To actively engage with person development.
- Desirable to be time served electrical apprenticeship or equivalent. Extensive experience considered as an alternative.
- Essential to have NVQ level 3 in an Electrical installation or maintenance discipline.
- Inspection and testing Lvl 3 2391 or equivalent;
- BS7671 wiring regulations latest amendment;
- Recognised H&S qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH);
- Must have full UK driving license.
- Low Voltage Authorised Person experience;
- Electric vehicle charger maintenance and testing.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in building services;
- Extensive computer literacy skills (Excel, word, PowerPoint, Visio etc);
- Proven experience in holding Testing and inspection roles previously;
- Strong problem-solving skills, technically adept and analytical;
- Strong knowledge of BS7671, GN3 and other relevant requirements.
- Experienced in working within critical environments.
Aptitudes & Character
- Experienced in lightning protection systems and surge protective devices;
- Demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both client and colleagues alike;
- A flexible working approach and willingness to work over time to suit the business needs;
- Hardworking thorough Test Electrician that delivers a high standard of electrical testing and inspecting certification;
- Client focused, with an ability to matters of highest reward
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, with a high level of personal integrity.
- Able to work well both in a team and autonomously.
- Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within a critical environment.
- Flexible in adapting to changing priorities.
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
- Confident at working with all levels within the company.
As one of CBRE's core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world's largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry's top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune's "Most Admired Companies" for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "CBRE." Application Process:
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.