Permanent – Full Time
With our Flexible First working arrangements we empower our colleagues to work in a way that best suits them – meaning location doesn’t need to be a barrier. This role will be Homebased with approximately 2 days per week spent in Windsor.
At British Gas, we have one of the best-known brands in the country (with 95% brand awareness). We have a family of door-opening brands that are the envy of many, we’re really excited about the future.
Why? Because we’re evolving to become a truly purpose-led organisation, helping millions of customers to live more sustainably, simply, and affordably
Whether we’re installing an EV charger on every driveway in the UK or introducing thousands of homes a year to the benefits of heat pumps, our ambition is clear.
Of course, change like this doesn’t happen overnight. But we truly believe that we have a vital role to play in helping the nation prepare for a net zero future and supporting them through a once in a generation cost-of-living crisis.
The Energy Pricing Manager will take responsibility to develop the pricing approach for our core customer base. Working closely with the proposition team to achieve high customer take up of the offers co-created.
The Manager will understand customer needs, costs and our ability to offer will be translated into prices that drive retention rates and good customer journeys.
Driving positive outcomes is key to delivering the Energy Gross Margin and impacts millions of customers.
The Manager will work in the Energy teams to establish the pricing strategy and tactics for these customers and will combine understanding of customer needs and the energy externalities.
Understanding these changes will allow the Manager to forecast future price and cap movements, developing approaches to improve our bottom line.
The Key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Lead the development and implementation of pricing for core customers in Energy
- Always "be on the front foot" response to changes and bring emerging scenarios to light
- Provide analytical support and develop deeper insight into our energy customers leading to more focused customer offers
- Constantly update the cost base and understand the impact of pricing decisions on our commodity purchasing and risk. Evaluate risks with the specialist areas across all the cost parameters
- Understand the regulatory and industry frameworks around the price cap and the impact on our business
- Understand the energy markets, competitors’ strategies & drives, and customers’ behaviour and needs, and play a proactive role in suggesting strategic improvements
- Lead areas of activities during complex energy price changes and tests, tracking the impacts of those changes on core business metrics
- Lead on preparation and presentation of business case and pricing proposals for stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with Centrica Policies, statutory and regulatory requirements, governance controls (including all relevant risk minimum standards) and timely completion of risk and audit actions, ensuring reputational risk is minimised.
- Play an active role in the induction and training of analyst in the team and help share knowledge on technical and process issues.
We are looking for someone with
a commercial mindset, understanding of wholesale commodity markets, associated risks and customer behaviour.
You will be highly numerate with an eye for detail on data reconciliation, controls and governance alongside an understanding of cost components and customer drivers.
This role is a demanding one it will need someone with several years of relevant experience in energy supply or services/insurance pricing
It will be essential you can develop concise winning proposals in a complex dynamic environment, foreseeing angles and challenges that might arise. You will work with senior stakeholders daily and be expected to produce results in short turn-around time with only partial information.
Drive, enthusiasm, creativity, and excellent interpersonal skills will aid to your success in this position
An advanced working knowledge of Excel
is essential. Python &/or R, SQL skills are highly desirable, but we are comfortable supporting and training in these areas.