Permanent – Full Time
With our Flexible First working arrangements we empower our colleagues to work in a way that best suits them – meaning location doesn’t need to be a barrier. This role will be Homebased with approximately 2 days per week spent in Windsor.
£40 – 60K depending on experience + annual bonus, healthcare, pension, 25 days annual leave 8 public holidays and the opportunity to buy 5 extra days holiday, energy discounts and shares options plus much more.
At British Gas, we have one of the best-known brands in the country (with 95% brand awareness). We have a family of door-opening brands that are the envy of many and we’re really excited about the future.
Why? Because we’re evolving to become a truly purpose-led organisation, helping millions of customers to live more sustainably, simply, and affordably
Whether we’re installing an EV charger on every driveway in the UK or introducing thousands of homes a year to the benefits of heat pumps, our ambition is clear.
Of course, change like this doesn’t happen overnight. But we truly believe that we have a vital role to play in helping the nation prepare for a net zero future and supporting them through a once in a generation cost-of-living crisis.
This role is a great opportunity to be a key member of the team that delivers British Gas’s commercial strategy. The analyst will be at the heart of the retail market, pricing offers and optimising both customer lifetime value economics and gain in depth data analysis and handling skills.
The Key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Working with a range of data inputs to drive growth and delivery of energy products, with a focus on the commercial implications and customer experience of portfolio pricing
- Support the pricing team in developing products for EVs, Net-Zero products and energy management propositions. These future facing offers will form a core part of the UK’s net-zero journey and ensure that Centrica can offer competitive products
- Benchmarking competitor offerings against British Gas’s portfolio, identifying new opportunities to drive volume or value growth and presenting these recommendations to senior stakeholders to increase commercial outcomes for British Gas
- Support the technical capability of the Energy Pricing team, managing and developing analytical tools and models, increasing the efficiency of our commercial team
- Providing analysis of the wider energy market to senior stakeholders across the organisation, alongside the performance of British Gas’s residential energy portfolio
- Champion commercial excellence and value-based thinking within the team and BG Energy more generally
- Supporting in Project Barton to deliver Customer Value improvements in the pricing team, progressing our drive both organic and inorganic growth
We are looking for someone with:
a commercial mindset, who is highly numerate and able to work in a fast-paced environment. A good working knowledge of Python &/or R, SQL and advanced excel skills are highly desirable, but we are comfortable supporting and training analysts in these areas.
Life at Centrica
We’re committed to help solve customers’ needs, making lives simpler and more affordable, we also want to make big changes to create a cleaner and greener future, by cutting both customer and our own emissions on a path to net zero.
Putting customers and colleagues at the heart of everything we do is the Centrica way, we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to build a diverse workforce and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
At Centrica we provide numerous and varied learning pathways that will help you be the best that you can be and develop the skills you'll need to succeed and progress at Centrica now and into the future. We are committed and proud to develop our colleagues, promoting internally at every given opportunity.
#BritishGas #Centrica #Recruiting #Careers