This position offers an exciting opportunity for those who have experience in large / complex organisations to work with us to deliver effective data analysis across the University community. We are looking for a committed and resilient individual who has the required experience and skills to join our busy team.
This is a key post that willcontribute to the strategic ambition of the University.
The Data Analyst will work within the Strategy, Planning and Performance team based in the Universitys Secretariat. The post holder will be responsible for enhancing the data intelligence of the University and developing its data processes.
You will work collegiately with colleagues across the University enabling a coordinated and informed approach to data and its usage.
What We Are Looking For
- Work with the Business Intelligence analysts to create and develop our data, intelligence and analytics, advancing the Universitys capacity and capability.
- Support other roles within Strategy, Planning and Performance team with specific data requirements.
- Engage with colleagues and stakeholders across the University to understand their data requirements, provide solutions and offer training.
- Use the University business intelligence tool(s) (e.g. QlikView) to design, display and develop data visualisations. Build and maintain a suite of standard reports and dashboards that enable data informed decision making.
Why join Cardiff Metropolitan University?
- A first degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of data handling, quality and documentation.
- Advanced analytical skills, with the ability to use a variety of data tools, programmes and sources to extract, transform, interpret and visualise data for different audiences.
In 2020, the University was named The Sunday Times Welsh University of the Year 2021; in 2021 it became the Times Higher Education UK and Ireland University of the Year 2022; and in 2022 it was ranked the top university in the UK in the People and Planet Green League.
In addition, the University offers highly competitive terms and conditions including:
- Annual leave of 35 days, plus 12 bank holiday / concessionary days (pro rata if part time).
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme with generous contributions.
- Flexible and remote working opportunities.
- Excellent family friendly policies.
- Award winning sports and fitness facilities with subsidised membership, plus subsidised physiotherapy/complementary therapy/sports massage.
- Access to all library facilities.
- Salary sacrifice schemes including cycle to work.
- Free family access to our independent specialist wellbeing support provider, Health Assured.
Should a high volume of applications be received, we may need to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage you to apply as early as possible.
The University is committed to creating a highly inclusive culture. We offer family friendly and flexible working arrangements and a range of staff networks, forums and events to support and develop our people. We warmly welcome applications from those traditionally underrepresented in the higher education sector.Further information
Please read ourCandidate Pack
or visit ourstaff recruitment website
for information about working for us, our culture, benefits, work-life balance and our career progression and development opportunities.