UK COUNTRY DIRECTOR - SOLAR PV DEVELOPMENT - London
(Project Development Lead)
Standing still is moving backwards, that's why my client is looking for Solar Development Profile who is ready step into the new year and NEW CHALLENGE!
To support their growth across UK, they are seeking A Country Director/ Head Of Project Development to lead their UK SOLAR Development Business. Ideally you would be who is stepping up into that role as opposed to an experienced Country Director.
The Challenge Ahead
- Develop strategic plan and budget needs for development in target market and continuously drive the completion of strategic milestones that will advance a project through the various stages of development;
- Develop, advance and manage existing or new downstream solar projects including offtake, permitting, interconnection, land, community relations, stakeholder management and all related budgets;
- You lead development efforts for greenfield, co-development and project acquisitions within targeted markets/sectors;
- Manage cross-functional teams including legal, financial, project management and asset management resources to analyze and close transactions aligned with department goals;
- Prepare and negotiate agreements as jv-agreements, development agreements, shareholder agreements, ;
- Identify and develop partner relations with project developers, financial institutions, investors, contractors, lawyers, consultants, authorities, grid operators, advisors, manufacturers and other market participants to maintain a project pipeline;
- Manage all aspects of project development and acquisition including;
- Make sure the team can identify and secure suitable project sites, perform cost/feasibility analysis, pricing analysis, contract and concession agreement negotiations;
- Negotiate land leases and easements, managing landowner relationships and collaborating closely with internal support teams;
- Identify, manage and secure interconnection agreements while leading the overall interconnection strategy for a specific project or market area;
- Secure permits required by local, county, state and federal jurisdictions , and managing community relations;
- Obtain internal approvals to allow projects to advance, including preparing projects for investment committee approval and maintaining overall budget and schedule for project in compliance with approvals;
- Communicate regularly with senior leadership on the state of the renewable energy markets and present investment opportunities;
- Evaluate market drivers including new technologies, financial incentives, government/regulatory issues and business structures to continually grow the portfolio and maintain a competitive position in the industry;
- Represent the company at solar fairs, events and regulatory
Ideally you have
- An mba and/or and msc in electrical engineering/environmental studies;
- 5-10 years work experience in renewable energy sector as project and/or business development manager;
- Proven leadership experience, and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Strong communication, problem solving, and organizational skills and
- English proficiency, any other language is an
90,000 to 110,000 Per Annum + Benefits
Location: Central London (Zone 1)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading renewable developer who is rapidly expanding with in the Renewables sector. If you are keen to be considered or require additional information please see send your CV with references to firstname.lastname@example.org
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe.
ewi is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. ewi is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.