StellenangebotWind Turbine Technician - Coldham
is Germany’s largest Independent Service Provider offering a comprehensive service package for Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) from one single source. With more than 7,600 WTGs under contract and more than 2,100 employees operating in several European countries, Deutsche Windtechnik sets the bar for Independent Service Provider services in the European wind energy sector.
What makes us stand out from other service companies? We offer everything from A to Z and match that with a passion for all technical services related to wind power. The objective of our engineers and technicians is to individually increase efficiency and to keep availability high at all times. It is our objective to achieve the best-possible technical operation for our client’s systems and in turn offering cost-effective solutions.
We do everything possible to keep the wind turbines up and running and improve their performance, for the long term.
In 2015 , Deutsche Windtechnik entered the UK market and now has over 640 WTG’s/700MW under Service & Maintenance contracts, our aim being to expand further into both onshore and offshore markets. Deutsche Windtechnik Ltd‘s head office is located in Edinburgh.
You will work closely with all departments in the UK and other group companies to ensure we are providing a level of service expected from a market leader. Although the majority of your time will be spent working in the UK you may be expected to spend some periods working with colleagues in Germany and in other Deutsche Windtechnik group countries.
The wind turbine technician will be responsible for the routine preventative maintenance on wind turbine, mechanical, electrical, gearbox and hydraulic systems. Unscheduled maintenance and carry out retrofits along with emergency breakdown and major component exchanges are also a key responsibility.
As a minimum the candidate should have or be working towards:
- Mid-level electrical and/or mechanical education, at least HNC/HND, NVQ Level 3 in an engineering discipline or time served apprenticeship
- Ideally three years of hydraulic, electrical, or mechanical experience in an industrial environment e.g. wind farms, power stations, industrial process plant or similar heavy engineering maintenance environments
- Valid driving licence
Candidates Will Preferably Have
- Valid health and safety certificates
- IT proficient on MS Suite
The following attributes are required in all candidates
Teamwork and collaboration
The ability to work at heights
Willingness to work in adverse weather conditions
Strategic and analytical thinker
Willingness to travel on occasional basis
Strong interpersonal skills
Strong communication skills
A Wind Turbine Technician Is Responsible For The Following
- The provision of preventative and corrective maintenance on Vestas V80 wind turbines as per Deutsche Windtechnik instructions
- Completion of all relevant paperwork, including work order cards, checklists, AWPs etc.
- Lead a team of technicians ensuring all health and safety procedures are followed
- Replacement of major turbine components e.g. generators and gearboxes
- Troubleshoot on mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Assist in all areas of site operations
- Provide safe access and egress to all people in the work partEstablish and maintain general safety from the systems
- Assist in all areas of site operations
- Comply with customer site rules
- Report all incidents and occurrences as per Deutsche Windtechnik company Health and Safety policy
- Partake in rota for on call cover on weekends and bank holidays
FactsDas Angebot im Überblick
Coldham, Großbritannien und Nordirland
Über unsDas bieten wir
- Private Pension
- Health Insurance
- Company events
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment
- A comprehensive and individual training for the best possible start
32 days annual leave
Health Insurance and Life Assurance
Have we sparked your interest?
If so, we would like to get to know you!
Apply online at: www.deutsche-windtechnik.com/jobs
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we are unable to get in contact with all applicants. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of applying, please assume that your application has not been successful.