Location: Cody Technology Park, Farnborough, GU14 0LX
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Benefits 25 days annual leave, pension, Bike2Work
An exciting opportunity has arisen within emapsites Data and Insights Team based in Farnborough, working within the team to load and prepare datasets ready for use and exploitation. You will be handling terabytes of spatial data in a multitude of formats and from many sources tabular and vector data in databases, raster topographic mapping, satellite imagery, 3d terrain data and more. The focus is on processing incoming data from our many suppliers, running regular update procedures and keeping emapsites data stores current.
There will be a lot of data loading: dealing with moving large amounts of data around efficiently, using pre-existing loading and updating scripts to load data into Postgres databases.
Over time it is expected you will improve these scripted processes further, improving our back-end tools to help expand our data stores whilst maintaining currency. Youll have plenty of opportunity by working alongside the rest of the team to learn and hone skills in SQL, Bash scripting and Python.Role Responsibilities
Essential Skills/attributes Were Looking For
- To ensure that the company complies with all data delivery SLAs
- Maintain/add data to product stack and online services (WMS/WMTS)
- Test/edit Geoserver to facilitate webservices updates
- Run ETL scripts and improve/create as required
- Provide technical support (internal and external)
- Responsible for monitoring the data dashboard
- Liaise with partners and suppliers
- Report bugs and any other technical problems
- Attention to detail a precise and methodical approach to work
- A geospatial or computer science background, either as a relevant degree or previous work experience
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Familiarity working in both Linux and Windows environments
- Familiarity with scripting to automate processes
- Experience with Bash scripting
- Experience coding in Python
- Experience of Azure
- FME experience
- Geoserver experience
- Experience in database management, ideally Postgres
- We are a digital B2B business with a tech powered environmental agenda looking to drive Green outcomes for our customers we have over 4000 of those spread throughout the UK.
As a company we deliver data solutions and insights to valuable problems by using datasets on mapping to help customers see issues with their assets, manage risks and make sustainability improvements in their businesses. We are inventing new solutions in Cloud based applications and data streams and beginning to unlock the opportunities in machine learning. We have a thriving online map store that is #2 in the UK market, many proven products and multi-year customer relationships in the public and private sector. Our net promoter score is high, ranging +34 to +60 and we have great customer feedback on our service levels.
We have transformed our technology end to end to be fully Cloud based, producing some interesting technical challenges in Big-Data, in optimizing database to API performance and front-end usability. Were looking for high-performing, smart individuals who will bring an urgency and collaborative mindset and grow with us.