Job Title: Lead Project Engineer
Term: Full time employment
Salary: On application and dependent on experience
Location: Cardiff, Edinburgh, or London
Protium Green Solutions is a UK-focused green hydrogen energy company which supports clients to reach net zero emissions across their heat, power and mobility requirements. We are a fast-growing business, with some of the leading global voices in the emerging green hydrogen market on our team. Deeply passionate about addressing climate change and reducing greenhouse gas emissions, our focus on green hydrogen is driven by the desire to see the UK transition rapidly towards renewable resources.
The first pure-play hydrogen energy company in the UK, we offer a unique opportunity to learn about the possibilities and challenges of deploying green hydrogen solutions. You will work on some of the most innovative decarbonisation projects that have been proposed in the UK, whilst contributing towards the country’s Net Zero emission goals. We offer regular contact time with senior management, as well as significant autonomy and authority to lead workstreams and own relationships with clients as well as suppliers.
This is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious candidate that is looking to stretch their knowledge and skills and accelerate their career path.
The Lead Project Engineer shall report into the Engineering Team Lead. Their activities will include (but may not be limited to):
- Leading technical deliverables on projects and providing technical support across all Protium’s projects.
- Development of project engineering work packages and delegation of tasks to project engineering team.
- Reporting of project status and engineering performance to Engineering Team Lead.
- Engage with suppliers and understand equipment technical specifications
- Support in the design and optimisation of project systems
- Working with and integrating variety of technologies into decentralised energy systems that deliver, low carbon, energy efficient and commercially viable opportunities in order to deliver turnkey solutions.
- Experience leading and delivering technical aspects of projects as the lead technical manager
- Significant technical design expertise on projects from conceptual to delivery stage, two or more of the following areas:
o Power & Industrial Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS)
o O2 compression and dehydration pre-FEED for a biomass + CCS project in the UK
o H2 production & Utilisation: Stationary Fuel Cell CHP and H2 electrolysers, H2 refuelling stations
o Ground Source & Water Source Heat Pumps
o Biogas clean-up and CHP systems
o Heat integration and utilisation
- Candidates must possess strong excel skills, with additional coding knowledge/VBA and Microsoft Project a bonus but not required. Knowledge of full Microsoft office suite, notably PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety for projects:
o Risk management and safety compliance
o Experience of Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) studies
- Proven experience in contract negotiation.
- Proven experience with conducting feasibility studies and Front-End Engineering Design (FEED).
- Creation of technical models and business cases to support decentralised renewable developments in Europe.
- Site surveys of existing industrial plants/buildings’ heat infrastructure, as well as new energy centre developments.
- Experience in renewable project development is also a significant bonus, but it is not required.
- Experience executing technical scopes as well as acting as a project manager and comfortable operating as a project lead.
- Knowledge of the renewable energy industry, primarily in wind and solar, hydrogen and/or fuel cell technologies is an advantage.
- Candidates should have a strong academic background, with a preference for candidates with a BSc/BEng or MSc/MEng in fields such as Energy, Engineering, Sustainability or any other relevant disciplines.
- Candidates should have 7+ years of experience.