About The Role
You will maintain Ecotricity’s fleet of Enercon wind turbines throughout the UK to a high standard, carrying out preventive and corrective maintenance when required.
The Operations and Maintenance department is based in Louth, Lincolnshire where you report each week. Due to the location of our generating assets, working away from home may be required at short notice. You will be required to work a weekend on call rota (approximately 1 in 6 weekends) for attendance of local assets.
You will have proven ability to maintain, repair and fault find on a variety of technical equipment both electrically and mechanically to a high standard with minimal supervision. You will also be able to comply with all health and safety aspects of working in an engineering environment.
What you will do
- Working remotely in a small team performing all activities related to the maintenance and repair of generation assets
- Responsible for fault finding and troubleshooting electrical and mechanical system faults.
- Carry out repair or replacement of main components
- Responsible for completion of all computerised documentation and reports
- Ensure operational integrity and safety of generation assets is maintained to the highest standards
- Uphold and drive a positive safety culture through your onsite actions.
- Salary for this role is £34,201- £40,403 depending on experience with average annual overtime and allowances earnings approximately £7,000.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Demonstrated history of electrical and mechanical maintenance, fault find and repair
- Formal qualification in electrical discipline (minimum NVQ level 3)
- or formal qualification in mechanical discipline (ideally NVQ level 3) with relevant electrical experience
- A good level of computer literacy
- Ability to work at heights of 100 meters
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Enjoy and able to work in small teams
- Creative and self motivated
- Ability to work independently with remote management, and take responsibility for project delivery
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines without compromising safety or quality
- Strong communication skills particularly verbal communication
- Very organised – able to multi-task effectively
- Good time management & personal organisational skills
- Accuracy, Tenacity & Integrity
- High level of aptitude towards technology and process development
What we offer:
- Competitive revised salary and overtime rates
- Working away and on-call allowances
- Relevant training and development
What's in it for you...
Healthcare plan, life assurance and generous pension contribution
Various company discounts (including shops, days out and events)
Holiday of 25 days (plus bank holidays) & ability to buy/sell days
Cycle to work scheme, car pooling and onsite parking available
As a valued member of the team you will be supporting the Group Environmental policy and its associated targets to make the Green Britain Group net carbon neutral by 2025
The fast moving nature of the company's business means that from time to time you may be asked to perform duties or tasks outside of your original job description on an ad hoc basis. This allows the company to use it's people in the best possible way at all times and helps the employees to make make their contribution in a changing environment.
Ecotricity is Britain's greenest energy company. When we started back in 1995, we were the first company in the world to provide a new kind of electricity- the green kind.
Our mission was, and remains, to change the way energy is made and used in Britain- by replacing fossil fuels with clean, renewable energy.
We don't just supply green energy, we use the money from our customers' bills to make it ourselves too- we build windmills and sun parks in Britain. We call this 'bills in to mills'. In 2021, we started work on building two new solar parks, and now, in 2022, we're bringing geothermal energy to our customers' fuel mix, a first in the UK. We're also developing green gas mills which will generate 100% green gas from a source that we will never run out of- grass.
We don't just focus on energy though- we built Electric Highways, Britain's leading network of electric vehicle charging points, we helped Forest Green Rovers become the greenest football club in the world, and, in partnership with RSPB, we launched Britain's greenest mobile phone service, Ecotalk + RSPB.
Ecotricity is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equality for all.