Title: Reporting Data Engineer
Location: Remote with monthly teams days at our head office in Chandlers Ford
Hours: 08:00 – 16:30
Are you experienced in using SQL?
Do you have experience creating dashboards and working with large datasets?
What we can offer you?
We offer you all the benefits you’d expect from one of the nation’s biggest and best energy challengers, including: competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, bonus up to 10% of salary and a health care scheme. You’ll also get the chance to work for one of the top CEOs in the UK, as voted for by Glassdoor’s 2021 Employee’s Choice Awards.
We aim to provide you with a uniquely inclusive and diverse workplace, which showcases the extraordinary in all of us, by enabling you to be the best you can be.
What does this role involve?
Reporting to the Head of Data Analytics, the post holder will support the needs of the business by enhancing our ability to deliver relevant and informative reports from historic data.
Working with the Analytics team you will develop data structures that are both fit for current purposes and future proof in design.
Who we are looking for?
Your experience in designing easily navigatable and intuitive reporting data structures will be the key to success in this role.
Your demonstrable understanding of schema design and practical knowledge of SQL, scripting, automation and BI tools alongside ETL processes will enable you to make an immediate impact in this role.
Your excellent communication and stakeholder management skills will allow you to identify end user requirements swiftly and concisely.
Additional benefits available on your first day!
- Utilita Bonus Scheme, made up of personal and company elements.
- Career progression, over 30% of roles filled so far in 2022 have been from internal moves.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- The opportunity to win tickets to major outdoor events with Utilita Extra –including, gigs and shows at the Utilita Newcastle, Sheffield and Birmingham arenas.
- Discounted employee energy tariffs.
- Access for you and one other to our partnered Unmind App, where you can watch or listen to videos and podcasts or get hints and tips to understand and improve on your mental wellbeing.
- We are in the process of setting up our own charitable foundation and offer all our staff a paid volunteering day every year. Plus the chance to be involved in various fund-raising opportunities.
- A health care scheme that includes dental, eye care, treatments, and diagnostics health consultations.
- Death in service, twice your annual salary.
- Employee Assistance Programme with access to counselling support, legal and financial advice 24/7 365 days a year, as well as a GP line and Your Care.
Founded in 2003, Utilita is the first – and still only - energy company created to help households use less energy, by giving them better control via digital technology, including its industry-leading smartphone app (USwitch Awards best app 2018, 2020 and 2022.
Utilita is Britain’s leading Smart Pay as You Go energy provider, with over 800,000 customers, and thanks to having better control, its customers use around 11% less energy than the average bill paying household.
Utilita is committed to becoming a net zero business by 2030 and was named Green Energy Disruptor of the Year at the Better Society Energy Awards in October 2021.