The Role: Maintenance Assistant Maintenance Technician - Mechanical Engineer
Salary: £28k - £32kThe Company
Our client is an operator in the environmental sector who have an opportunity to join them in their Maintenance Team
at their waste recycling facility. This is an opportunity for a Maintenance Technician
to be developed up to a Maintenance Supervisor
position.The Role of a Maintenance Technician
The Successful Maintenance Candidate
- As Maintenance Technician you will assist in the provision of maintenance for this site.
- Reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will learn and perform scheduled and preventative maintenance of plant services and equipment to detect and prevent problems.
- As Maintenance Technician you will diagnose faults and where possible carry out effective repairs, working with pumps, compressors, conveyors, hydraulic systems.
- As Maintenance Technician you will work on planned preventative maintenance measures.
- This role would suit an individual who is keen to develop themselves as the business continues to grow. You may currently be fitter/engineer looking for your next step into a senior role or recently qualified.
- The successful candidate will have a mechanical maintenance background, experience working with heavy machinery, manufacturing, waste management or agriculture.
- Experience working with pumps, hydraulic systems, compressors, fans, conveyors.
- The successful candidate must have a high level of determination to complete tasks.
- You will take a high level of interest in tasks assigned, with ownership and accountability for the tasks.
- You will have a logical approach to fault finding.
- You will possess a considerate and approachable manner.
- Personal circumstances must permit availability for response to being called in outside of normal working hours
- Must be aware of and adhere to safe working practices.
- The Successful Maintenance Technician will have good communication skills and the ability to work positively in a team environment.