Purpose of Job
This role is to provide support to the shift team and daywork team. Primarily for the daily reactive help desk, monitoring incoming works and seeing through to completion and close-off. Duties include escorting sub-contractors, minor PPM works and assisting the shift with daily tasks. Water treatment role supporting the on-site water treatment engineer. To be responsible for completing water tasks weekly, support provided. Working on various systems, Cooling towers, water softeners. For the ideal candidate, further training and progression.
- Ensure that all reactive tasks logged are carried out to meet and exceed expectations and agreed service level agreements.
- Ensure the loading and unloading of stock, and appropriate and safe storage of relevant equipment, spares and deliveries.
- Assist the BGIS engineering team to ensure that all planned and reactive engineering activities meet and exceed both service levels and customer expectations.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator.
- Assist the Water Treatment Engineer in in the compilation of the Water Management System logbooks, as directed by site management.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared ready for supervisor/contract management sign off, and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices always.
- All RAMS are to be verified and checked by the engineers, supervisor and contract staff prior to use.
- Ensure, where applicable, that comprehensive maintenance records are kept.
- To undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training and appropriate safety measure and control have been implemented.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of BGIS subcontractors and clients staff.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment is met, including the wearing of uniform and appropriate PPE always.
- To ensure compliance with all company and client policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
- Ensure a professional image of BGIS and the client is presented to clients and visitors, and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted always.
- Ensure that fabric and engineering skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
- Ensure that BGIS and the client storage area is maintained and kept safe and tidy. Assist when requested with routine daily and weekly plant checks as detailed in the site log books.
- Ensure the equipment storage areas in the facility are kept clean and tidy daily.
- Escort visiting subcontractors around the site to ensure the safe execution of service related tasks and ensure RAMS are reviewed by the engineering teams and contract management according to company and client protocols.
- Ensure the plant rooms under the responsibility of BGIS are locked always and kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- To Ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation. Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment.
- To include the wearing of uniform and PPE always. To assist in the operation a Permit to Work System in accordance with BGIS Quality, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system).
- Please note that a GMO who has less than 4 years’ experience within the M&E industry will be prohibited from writing access & permits to work where RAMS have been signed off by the supervisor/contract manager. Those who fall into these criteria may attend PTW training but for knowledge only. No GMO will have the authority to write electrical permits.
- Any other task as directed by the account management team. Report near misses and escalate where necessary to your line manager
At BGIS we believe that diversity and inclusion is a key business driver, such that we never lose sight of its importance as it is woven into the fabric of our organization. We are committed to maintaining a barrier-free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize that promoting diversity is an essential component of our continuing pursuit for organizational success!