UK EV Delivery Engineer -French Speaker-12-Month Contract- up to 400 PAYE
Would you like to work for a global leader in the energy industry?
Do you have a strong background in project delivery and a thorough understanding of EV?
Do you enjoy traveling as part of your job?
A flexible working schedule is something you enjoy?
If yes, please read on!
Our client is one of the world's leading energy companies and is not just part of the biggest change in the automotive industry for a century - they are at the forefront of it!
The purpose of the Delivery Engineer role is to contribute to building a world-class high-power charging business by securing grid connections in a cost-efficient way. This includes playing an interface role between contractors, manufacturers, DNOs, the HSSE team, and the project team.
Success is ensuring predictable readiness to commence execution and operation, developing, and maintaining a strong and beneficial working relationship with all the relevant stakeholders including the DNO/DSO's while achieving the most efficient price setter position through obtaining grid connections at reasonable prices and in a timely manner to support the project schedule requirements.
- Play a key role in delivering the EV charge points in Europe that form part of the FM&S installation arm.
- Establish, develop, and maintain strong working relationships with the DNO/DSO's relevant to the project needs.
- Management, along with contractors, of DNO connections to support the project schedule needs.
- Support our roll out with engineering performance management and technical reporting of near-term progress against long-term targets.
- Interface with relevant contractors/consultants in support of local authority planning submissions and landowner approvals.
- Support the risk management process across each region.
- Support key engineering management processes to maintain the roll out in an efficient and safe manner.
- Coordinate DNOs and their individual requirements for connection points/charger information.
- Coordinate legal interfaces with the project & DNO needs to remove blockers to the successful, timely installation of the grid connections
- Support the identification of key EVSE technology solutions, for the optimum delivery of projects in accordance with Ethics & Compliance rules.
- Anticipate future standards and technology to optimize the time and materials substance of any projects.
- Support the continuous improvement of technical practices and processes.
- Comply with S&OR rules and support / advise S&OR on specific anticipated moves or trends.
- Capture Lessons Learned through engineering and installation delivery and ensure Continuous Improvement throughout our EV deployments.
Required Skills & Experience
- Excellent university degree in electrical engineering or comparable education/industry experience
- Project delivery experience, a solid understanding of EV, strong communication skills, Computer-skilled
- Being fluent in both English and French is necessary
- A strong record of accomplishment in project delivery or in supporting complex Project management involving Civil installations across hydrocarbon forecourt and industrial installations.
- An understanding of the standards and protocols of the industry
- An understanding of industry-relevant engineering standards
- A solid understanding of the EV value chain/technologies and necessary infrastructure to support.
- Clear understanding and experience in grid connections, grid access constraints and requirements, and the process of achieving such.
- Extensive professional experience in engineering and project management delivery.
- Technical and engineering roll out in the EV field.
- At least 5 years of experience in small-scale engineering projects
- Solid understanding of civil installations and thorough understanding of the operation and structures of charging networks and how they are integrated.
- Direct experience of industry standards in the EV space
- Agile Project management.
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent (working towards imminent application would be considered)
Location: Central London, UK (candidates must have the right to work in the UK)
Working Pattern: Full-time Hybrid (2-3 days a week in the office)
The candidate will be required to travel to France once a month.
Duration: 12 months +
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.