WIND TURBINE TECHNICIAN APPRENTICESHIP ROBIN RIGG WIND FARM ROBIN RIGG WIND FARM RWE Renewables are offering the opportunity for motivated people to begin a career in renewable energy with us. This excellent 3 year apprentice scheme will enable the selected candidates to develop into technicians working on wind turbines. The first 2 years will be class room based at a bespoke Wind Turbine training facility at Llandrillo College, Rhos on Sea in North Wales. The 3rd year will consist of on-site training at Robin Rigg offshore wind farm at Workington. MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB We will provide a comprehensive and well supported learning programme including classroom-based learning and experience on site working with our technicians. Completing the Apprenticeship will result in an NVQ level 3 qualification in wind turbine operations and maintenance and a level 3 diploma in wind turbine maintenance. Our Wind Turbine Technicians work as part of a small team dedicated to specific offshore wind farms. Successful candidates will learn to carry out all aspects of wind turbine maintenance including scheduled, unscheduled, proactive, and troubleshooting maintenance on wind turbines. Initially the focus will be upon learning and developing engineering knowledge through education and training. However, examples of the tasks covered as Technicians in the longer term include: -Electro/Mechanical problem solving of wind turbines working in small teams at height in remote locations with user manuals as reference
- Working with advanced mechanical, hydraulic and electrical equipment in a safe manner
- The technicians will be required to plan in advance what tools, spares and materials are required for each job they do
- Fault find and diagnosis of wind turbine main component condition to assist in determining if site repair is possible or whether the unit requires exchange
- Support inspection of blades and performing minor repairs then writing condition reports
- Ongoing development to become a multi skilled technician that will cover all aspects of inspection, maintenance and repair of the wind turbines Application deadline 17/03/2023. Interested? Don't hesitate! Go to the 'Apply Now' section.