Recra are working in partnership
with a reputable engineering company specializing in construction equipment and is seeking an enthusiastic Power Generator Engineer
to join their fantastic business.
Main Purpose Of The Role
- The main duties of this role are Machine Plant Diagnostics, Servicing, and Repairs to Construction, Agricultural, Industrial, Heavy Line, and Recycling Equipment to the highest standard within the Dealership territory to new and existing customers.
- This is a customer-facing role that requires you to build strong customer relationships within the Service sector of business. You will need to promote and present a professional image and offer service solutions to our customers and frequently liaise with the Manufacturer.
- The objective of this role is to provide the customer with World Class customer service.
- Carry out minor and major services to diesel engine generator sets at customer sites.
- Visit customer sites to perform site surveys in order to assist in project design and proposals.
- Visit customer sites to perform, but not limited to, diesel generator installations.
- Visit customer sites to perform commissioning in liaison with electrical contractors.
- Emergency call-outs to customer breakdowns.
- Control system wiring.
- PLC/Deep Sea/Deif programming work.
- Experience in Load banking all sizes of generators.
- Attendance at relevant product training courses.
- Prepared to work unsociable hours.
40 hours working week, 08.00 – 16.30 hours, half an hour unpaid lunch break.
- Mechanical engineering.
- Electrical engineering.
- IEE regs - 18th Edition (beneficial).
- Minimum of an NVQ 2 in plant engineering, servicing, and maintenance.
- Candidates are to be within 30 minutes of travel from home to the territory/depot of the vacancy.
- Knowledge of the Plant industry environment or similar industry.
- Experience in hydraulic systems, open and closed loops, axles, transmissions manual and power shift, cam-bus electrical systems, and working on machinery.
- Remote working roles need to be technical specialists with industry experience to be able to work remotely independently and competently.
- The highest spec of technical product knowledge and skillset.
- A portfolio of certifications/achievements is required.
- Excellent understanding and deliverance of a World-Class service to the customer.
- Professional customer-facing skillset.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure with the flexibility to meet the needs of the customer.
- Clean driving license and good driving record.
- Proof of right to work in the UK.
- To communicate efficiently and express your ideas clearly and confidently at all levels verbally, in print, and via the telephone.
- Teamwork is the ability to work confidently within a group and on own initiative.
- Time Management, ability to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks, and work to deadlines.
- Drive and determination to get things done, make things happen, and continually look for better ways of doing things.
- Analysing and Investigating, ability to gather information systematically to establish facts and principles for problem-solving.
- Commercial Awareness is the ability to understand the commercial realities affecting the organization.
- Flexibility, ability to adapt successfully to changing situations and environments.
- Initiative and Self-Motivation, ability to act on initiative, identify opportunities and be proactive in putting forward ideas & solutions.
- Attractive rates of pay and overtime rates.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme.
- 22 days paid holiday + bank holidays + 1 day for every 5 years completed service.
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Overtime -first 4 hours at a time and a half rate, over and above first 4 hours double time rate.
- Call out - an initial payment of £50.00 normal working week, £75.00 bank holiday working week, and £100.00 Christmas period for being on call. If called out any hours worked would be the first 4 hours at a time and a half rate, over and above the first 4 hours double time rate. The frequency of the rota system varies from depot to depot and would be discussed during the interview process with the relevant Depot Manager.
- Tool allowance.
- You will be eligible for a £25 payment per week when working away from home for a week on a 4 consecutive nights’ away basis - not applicable to any training courses you may be expected to attend.
- Company van and fuel card – option to opt-in for the personal use of the van.
- Company uniform.
- Company mobile/PDA/laptop.
- Free staff parking.
- Rest area at Depot.
- Manufacturer online training programs for all roles, and career paths for progression.
- Additional training programs for employee career advancement.
- Manufacturer History Museum and Machine Production Line tour, including VIP lunch – Covid dependant.
- Life assurance policy (4 x basic salary).
- Private medical health (contributory).
- Chiropractor private medical treatment scheme/occupational health.
- Employee assistance program.
- Employee discounts on merchandise.
- O2 Employee Benefits.
- Employee referral scheme: If you refer a friend or family member to the company, subject to the terms and conditions, you will receive £250.00 on successful completion of their probation period and a further £250.00 on completion of six months service.
If you are interested please contact Recra on 0116 4646336.