The Tech Data Solution team is part of Product Securities, CaLM & Unavista (LSEG-LCH) covering Business Analytics for Commercial Data initiatives across LCH and Unavista. The team is responsible to design, develop and deploy end-to-end solutions in order to generate value added by leveraging on data.
We are looking for a Python Data Engineer to help shaping the future of the Data Product analytics & solutions. In this role you will work closely with Risk, Product Managers and Specialists in order to design, develop and productionise a wide set of applications for data analytics purposes. Within our team, we have a strong culture of data-driven decision making and analytics. We work in cross-functional squads where each team member is fully embedded into the wider Data Product workstream making our team a truly collaborative and innovative environment.
Enter the key responsibilities of the role:
- Identifies, prioritises and executes tasks in the software development life cycle
- Contributes to and develops high-quality software design and architecture
- Develops data pipelines and applications by producing clean and efficient code
- Automates tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Supports validation and verification testing
- Collaborates with internal teams (including Product Owners / Business) and vendors to fix and improve products
- Documents development phases and monitor systems
- Mentors the Developers and Junior Developers by providing advice and coaching.
- Owning the end-to-end datasets by designing, developing and maintaining scalable data pipelines for SQL and Snowflakes databases.
- Develop data ingestion, data pipelines and integrations processes
- Develop, test and deploy Web Hosted APIs.
- Design, develop and maintain Proprietary Python Modules and Library
- Design, develop and maintain Dashboards for Data Analytics
- Python Developer (Experience 5+ years) in a commercial / industrial setting;
- Experience with Amazon Web Services cloud;
- Advanced knowledge of database management (SQL);
- Familiar in range of data techniques: manipulation, visualisation;
- Familiar with Web Hosted API framework FastAPI or Flask / Django;
- Object oriented programming;
- Working with unix systems and version control systems daily.
- Experience developing ETL / data integration solutions (as a plus, using airflow)
- Knowledge of agile methodologies e.g. jira
- Familiarity with DevOPs e.g. CI/CD etc.
- Worked on large applications both contributing to their function and developing from scratch.
- Knowledge of one front-end framework (React, Handlebars, Vue)
Enter The Essential Experience And Skills Required
Minimum 5 years of experience in professional dev environments
Python (Airflow, FastAPI, Spark/Dask)
SQL with focus on PostgreSQL and Snowflake
Web Hosted API Design
Experience with R language is a plus
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.