Design Engineer required for our client who are a leading company within the renewable energy sector. Specifically focusing on solar, over the last 10 years, they specialise in developing, installing, designing and maintaining a variety of commercial solar systems. They are based in Hemel Hempstead and are looking the design engineer to work either out of Hemel Hempstead or Manston, Kent.Design Engineer Position Overview
The Design Engineer will join the technical team and will develop technical designs and documentation for new solar installs.
There is an option for the role to be hybrid after a probation period is passed.Design
- Aid in all stages of PV system design,
- Initial design/feasibility study as part of the sales process,
- Detailed physical and electrical design for the final sales proposal,
- Further updating of designs and As-built drawings as part of project delivery.
- Assist in maintaining quality of designs by checking the work of other team members.
- Monitoring of all solar portals three days a week and liaising with other members of the team to follow up faults and ensure the rota is maintained. Provide weekend and holiday monitoring cover on a rota basis,
- Raise cases on the CRM for all faults and system intervention,
- Customer liaison for faults through to resolution including co-ordinating site visits as required with scheduling team,
- Daily review of cases to ensure they are resolved as fast as possible and case notes are kept up to date,
- Provide monthly reports which analysis performance of all monitored systems and review together with the technical team.
Design Engineer Position Requirements
- Aiding clients who call in with system faults - New and existing,
- Assist in warehouse organisation and stock movements,
- StaySafe (lone working app) management.
They will also be required to maintain a high-level customer experience for our existing and new customers and ensure that the monitored systems are run as close as possible to 100% availability.
The ideal candidate will -
Design Engineer Position Remuneration
- Have a University degree in relevant Engineering field (Electrical, Mechanical, Renewable Energy).
- Experience in CAD
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office suite - especially Excel and Visio,
- Salary is negotiable (DOE)
- Holiday pay
- Full package discussed at interview
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.