My client fund who deliver own and operate renewable projects in the UK. They are looking for a Construction PM to deliver a large pipeline of UK based solar projects.
Purpose of Role
- Work with the engineering team to conduct site investigation and assess the technical feasibility of developing a specific solar PV project.
- Draft the scope of work and estimate the respective project budget.
- Create and distribute RFQs to potential EPC subcontractors
- Work with procurement team to coordinate the sourcing process of all components needed
- Evaluation of quotations and drafting decision papers for awarding of contracts
- Manage contract negotiations, change orders, and other agreements with EPC subcontractors and vendors, and oversee all subcontractors’ work in all phases.
- Develop and maintain project timeline, identify critical path, and key milestones for project’s success.
- Communicate with utilities and authority having jurisdictions regarding interconnection, permitting, and other regulatory compliance issues.
- Identify the sources of likely problems and proactively take preventive measures to avoid any potential project risks, and determine response actions to mitigate any negative impact.
- Coordination with internal Project Finance Team
- Liaising with Technical Advisors of bank
Qualifications / Skills Sought:
- Proven track record of 5+ years of solar project management experience, including ground mounted projects of +10MWp.
- Engineering degree or Qualified Technician, preferably in Electrical Engineering.
- Very good knowledge of National Electrical Codes, other PV system regulations and national construction codes