Why work with us?
We are breaking the boundaries and pushing our commitment in the EVTOL world by Changing the way the world travels. Our mission is powered by pioneers and progress is our prerogative.
Here at Vertical, we are developing the UK's first fully electric, vertical take-off and landing aircraft (eVTOL), the VX4. With zero-operating emissions. Vertical is transforming the way people travel through offering a faster, safer and greener way to move.
Founded in 2016, Vertical is a leading aerospace and technology company, with the largest global pre-order book with prestigious airline partners such as Virgin Atlantic and American Airlines, and our exceptional partner ecosystem includes the likes of Rolls-Royce and Honeywell.My Impact as the Senior Flight Dynamics Engineer
You will relish the challenge of developing new standards and methods in the field through a fusion of applying their expertise in established aerospace processes and the new and innovative approaches that this novel space demands. Enjoy working with a world class team comprised of leading aerospace and technology thinkers as well as some of the finest engineering talent. Of course, you will possess or be able to rapidly adopt a passion for sustainable aviation and it's benefits for both society and sustainability.What success will look like for the Senior Flight Dynamics Engineer
Everything sounds very interesting but how do I know this is the role for me?
- Developing technical requirements and planning/executing analyses in support of those requirements, as well as verification and validation of those requirements
- Creating innovative solutions to ensure our aircraft flies, handles and performs to requirements
- Conducting a wide variety of analyses in the flight dynamics domain to support colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations to deliver on our objectives
- Provide technical leadership and act as a mentor to more junior team members
- Develop a strategy for and then build our tools, methods and processes in the flight dynamics domain
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop the process to rapidly synthesise flight test data to create and update predicted results and enable rapid and safe flight test progression
What can you expect from us?
- 10+ years of applicable experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Expert knowledge of fixed-wing flight dynamics, stability and control
- Familiarity with handling qualities requirements for fixed wing aircraft
- Demonstrable experience of holding positions of responsibility for aircraft stability & control and handling qualities in prior certification programmes (e.g. CVE, other signatory and/or authorship responsibilities)
- Ability to apply your knowledge to small vehicles of novel design and operational characteristics
- Proficiency in MATLAB and Excel
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills and an ability to clearly communicate conclusions from large and complex datasets
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a small, motivated team
- Knowledge of rotary-wing flight dynamics, stability and control and performance, rotary wing handling qualities, and the theories associated with propeller and rotor-driven propulsion
- Practical flight test experience and understanding of flight test instrumentation
- Hold Chartered Engineer status
- Private piloting experience
For us it is important that people feel valued for the impact they have and are able to thrive and experience the career journey of a lifetime. Our overall approach to reward seeks to offer competitive packages that attract the diverse and talented people we need to achieve our ambitious objectivesOur Vertical Additional Benefits
Our Ways of Working
- 'Primary Benefits' are available as standard, 5% Pension Match, 2 x Salary Life Insurance, Income Protection, 26 days + bank holiday and the opportunity for extra 5 days when getting married or forming a civil partnership
- 'Flex Fund Benefits' are benefits that don't come as standard, but you can 'pay' for using a company provided 'Flex Fund' (equal to 4% of salary) Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, EV Car Subscription, Home EV Charger, Holiday Buy, Pension Top Up, and many more
- 'Payroll benefits' Workplace ISA, Commuter Loan, Interest Free Technology Loans
- 'Extra benefits' are the many benefits we offer that can be accessed through our rewards platform, incl. Discounted Shopping Scheme, Eye Care Benefits, Free Mortgage Advice, Financial and Comprehensive Wellness Benefits
- Eligibility to participate in our market leading employee long-term-incentive plan
In the UK we have two offices and a Battery facility in Bristol, an office in London and a site in Kemble with well stocked free kitchen provisions including hot drinks, fruit and breakfasts every weekday. Our typical full time working week is 37.5 hours. We recognise the world of work is rapidly evolving and that 9-5 is no longer a fitting pattern for many. We want to support all employees to deliver their roles to the best possible standard by offering an additional level of flexibility between our sites and home where suitable for your role. Typically, this is agreed with your team, ensuring there are times for collaboration on site and work from home as appropriate.Do you like the look of this opportunity but not sure if you meet all the criteria we've outlines?
Here at Vertical, we are working to create an environment of growth, diversity and opportunities for people to take on challenges and push the status quo.
We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure... we'd love to hear from you.
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.