Why work with us?
We are breaking the boundaries and pushing our commitment in the EVTOL world by Changing the way the world travels. Our mission is powered by pioneers and progress is our prerogative.
Here at Vertical, we are developing the UK's first fully electric, vertical take-off and landing aircraft (eVTOL), the VX4. With zero-operating emissions. Vertical is transforming the way people travel through offering a faster, safer and greener way to move.
Founded in 2016, Vertical is a leading aerospace and technology company, with the largest global pre-order book with prestigious airline partners such as Virgin Atlantic and American Airlines, and our exceptional partner ecosystem includes the likes of Rolls-Royce and Honeywell.My Impact as an Advanced System Engineer - Data and Comms
Enjoy working with a world class team comprised of leading aerospace and technology thinkers as well as some of the finest engineering talent. Of course, you will possess or be able to rapidly adopt a passion for sustainable aviation and it's benefits for both society and sustainability.
Vertical is a values-led business that embraces diversity in all its forms in particular diversity of thought. Vertical is committed to building an industry leading team offering global perspectives that represent the communities it serves.What success will look like for the Advanced System Engineer - Data and Comms
Everything sounds very interesting but how do I know this is the role for me?
- Contributor to a team that is developing innovative data & communication system solutions from the aircraft to the cloud
- Facilitating the elicitation of stakeholder requirements, including customer, business, and technical
- Generating system concepts and performing trade studies to down-select potential solutions
- Represent the company as required with partners and suppliers
- Ensuring that requirements are robustly validated and requirement maturity/risks are understood and communicated to the project team
- Assisting with troubleshooting of the product
- Creating high quality flight clearance documents
We are looking for people that will have the following qualifications and experiences:
- Valuable and demonstrable work experience in the field
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or relevant discipline or equivalent and proven work experience
- System Development experience, including development of architectures
- Experience with databases
- Proficiency in SysML
- Good scripting and basic programing skills with knowledge of object-orientated design
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools
- Experience with comms equipment / avionics
- Experience working in an iterative engineering environment
- Experience in development of software intensive projects and data networks
- Experience of influencing without authority
- Coping with ambiguity and prioritising your work and the work of others in a highly dynamic working environment
What can you expect from us?
- Formal system design techniques such as n2 analysis
- Knowledge of version control, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Proficiency with Matlab and/or Python
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience of machine learning techniques
- Experience in C++
- Knowledge of Azure services
For us it is important that people feel valued for the impact they have and are able to thrive and experience the career journey of a lifetime. Our overall approach to reward seeks to offer competitive packages that attract the diverse and talented people we need to achieve our ambitious objectivesOur Vertical Additional Benefits
Our Ways of Working
- 'Primary Benefits' are available as standard, 5% Pension Match, 2 x Salary Life Insurance, Income Protection, 26 days + bank holiday and the opportunity for extra 5 days when getting married or forming a civil partnership
- 'Flex Fund Benefits' are benefits that don't come as standard, but you can 'pay' for using a company provided 'Flex Fund' (equal to 4% of salary) Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, EV Car Subscription, Home EV Charger, Holiday Buy, Pension Top Up, and many more
- 'Payroll benefits' Workplace ISA, Commuter Loan, Interest Free Technology Loans
- 'Extra benefits' are the many benefits we offer that can be accessed through our rewards platform, incl. Discounted Shopping Scheme, Eye Care Benefits, Free Mortgage Advice, Financial and Comprehensive Wellness Benefits
- Eligibility to participate in our market leading employee long-term-incentive plan
In the UK we have two offices and a Battery facility in Bristol, an office in London and a site in Kemble with well stocked free kitchen provisions including hot drinks, fruit and breakfasts every weekday. Our typical full time working week is 37.5 hours. We recognise the world of work is rapidly evolving and that 9-5 is no longer a fitting pattern for many. We want to support all employees to deliver their roles to the best possible standard by offering an additional level of flexibility between our sites and home where suitable for your role. Typically, this is agreed with your team, ensuring there are times for collaboration on site and work from home as appropriate.Do you like the look of this opportunity but not sure if you meet all the criteria we've outlines?
Here at Vertical, we are working to create an environment of growth, diversity and opportunities for people to take on challenges and push the status quo.
We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure... we'd love to hear from you.
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.