Direct Line Group is one of the UK's largest insurance companies and home to some of the best-known brands including Direct Line, Churchill and Green Flag. We are going through an exciting transformation to be the top tier data-driven organisation in the UK's General Insurance market.What you'll be doing:
What you'll need:
- Consolidate data from multiple sources through ETL processes
- Iteration, expansion, and maintenance of the data warehouse/DataMart.
- SQL performance tuning
- Dashboard development is preferably in Tableau or Qlik.
- Solve business problems and bottlenecks
- Develop solutions to collect and consolidate new data points
- Manage projects throughout their lifespan, from conception, development, launch, and beyond.
- Promote best practices
You will oversee the design, creation, and implementation of insights solutions for our insurance product team across the DLG group. Your typical day could be focused on building an ETL process from an upstream data source, designing a data warehouse/data mart model, or creating a dashboard. You will implement creative approaches to solving complex problems with ambiguous paths to resolution. In addition to building new features, you will always improve existing solutions. You will partner with internal customers (Pricing, underwriting, commercial, Claims, finance) to surface the answers to important business questions. You want to understand our needs, align your work to those goals, and deliver value.Basic Qualifications
Ways of Working
- Experience with SQL
- Knowledge of Database and Data Warehousing concepts
- Experienced ETL developer
- Data Visualization skills
- You will persuasively present to senior partners
- Experience working with AWS (Redshift, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, Glue).
- Experience working with a variety of ETL tools.
- Experience working with Tableau and/or Qlik
- Experience in Insurance / financial services domain.
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. You can find out more about our flexible working approach or please get in touch with the team to discuss.Benefits
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
Life at Direct Line Group
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we're committed to making DLG a truly inclusive place to work.
We recognise and embrace that people work in different ways and we'll always adapt as much as possible so you have the best and most comfortable working environment that we can offer. We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, can bring real potential to DLG.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.