Were making zero carbon happen
Were OVO Group, a big family of companies united by a single vision: to get to zero carbon, fast.
We call this Plan Zero and it shows how well be fighting the climate crisis and transforming the way people use energy over the next decade. To do this, we need the sharpest minds. Are you up for the challenge?Do great green things with OVO Energy
So much has changed since we launched in 2009. Our goal remains the same though: make energy cheaper, greener, and simpler. Just as it was on day one.Everyone belongs at OVO
Our aim is to build a diverse and inclusive movement: teams of brilliant people, with unique talents, skills, passions, and experiences.
We encourage everyone to join us, whatever your gender identity, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, life experience, or background. So please come as you are we cant wait to meet you.Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
This role sits within the Smart Metering business unit working within the Smart Performance and Analytics team. The role focuses on supporting the Revenue Assurance team to reduce and maintain a revenue gap to an industry baseline.
The purpose of this role is to provide data analysis to understand our performance, highlight areas to focus on, as well as building reporting to monitor the performance. You will support in maintaining a backlog of work, and prioritising areas dependent on the demands of stakeholders.
This role will also play a vital part in the development and refinement of user stories, analysis of the outcomes from changes, validation of data and supporting the migration of data.What will I be doing?
Key Responsibilities Of The Role Include
Is this the job for me?
- Provide insightful data analysis to help define user stories and their acceptance criteria
- Work with third parties to review changes and understand the impact of changes on any in-flight projects;
- Monitor project performance regularly and generate reports;
- Act as a center of knowledge for Smets1 and Smets2 meters to support with insight and development of solutions both within the Programme Team, with other internal stakeholders and third party providers.
Essential Skills And Experience
- Good working knowledge of key MI tools including SQL Server, BigQuery & Tableau
- Good working knowledge of Excel / Google Sheets
- Confidence in building and communicating significant data visualisations
- An ability to use data to make informed decisions and recommendations
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Confident in problem solving and collaborating with different organisations
- Excellent analytical skills
- Understanding of agile methods
Ideally you will have
Brilliant Benefits For a World-changing Team
- Deep understanding of smart metering systems for both SMETS1 and SMETS2 (DCC, Adapters etc.)
- Good working knowledge of tool such as Tableau or other data visualisation tools
- A strong understanding of software development and system automation
- Experience working with complex systems large numerical datasets and full life cycle experience
Our people are at the heart of Plan Zero. Thats why we offer plenty of green benefits and progressive policies to make you feel at home.
For starters, youll get 34 days of holiday (including bank holidays).
Then theres Flex Pay. Its an extra 9% of your salary on top of your core pay to use as you like. You can take it as cash, add to your pension, or choose to spend it on a huge range of flex benefits.Heres a Taster Of Whats On Offer
For your health
With benefits like a healthcare cash plan or private medical insurance depending on your career level, critical illness cover, life assurance, health assessments, and moreFor your wellbeing
With gym membership, gadget, travel and cyber insurance, workplace ISA, will writing services, DNA testing, dental insurance, and moreFor your lifestyle
With extra holiday buying, discount dining, culture cards, tech loans, and supporting your favourite charities with give-as-you-earn donationsFor your home
Get up to £300 off any OVO Energy plan (when you pay by Direct Debit), plus personal carbon offsetting and great discounts on smart thermostats and EV chargersFor your commute
Nab a great deal on ultra-low emission car leasing,
plus our cycle to work scheme and public transport season ticket loans
Want to hear about our full range of flexible benefits and progressive people policies? Our People Team can tell you everything you need to know.Oh, and one last thing...
Wed be thrilled if you tick off all our boxes yet we also believe its just as important we tick off all of yours. And if you think you have most of what were looking for but not every single thing, go ahead and hit apply
. Wed still love to hear from you!