NOTE: Deadline for applying is 23.59 the day before the Job Posting End Date.
Digital & Data Capability, Nutrition & Ice cream R&D
Location: Colworth (UK) or HIVE Wageningen (NL)
WL: 1D (UK) / WL1L (NL)
Travel – Limited (5%)
Local conditions applyJOB PURPOSE
The Global Nutrition and Ice Cream R&D Digital & Data (D&D) capability is the central team in Division R&D to enable and lead the digital transformation of our organisation. Our core expertise area and responsibility are to provide the systems expertise and user solutions to drive data quality in our core ingredient and product specifications. Increasingly, we are also strengthening our capability in data engineering, visualisation, reporting and data science to extract the maximum value from data we have and use data to support the in-silico design agenda. The capability team is working closely together with many teams across Nutrition and Ice Cream R&D, ranging from Regional Design Centres/Local Deploy teams on product specifications to Global Design Centres/Science & Technology/Capability teams on data science and models.
For the Global Nutrition and Ice Cream R&D Digital & Data capability team we are looking for a Data Engineer. In this role your responsibility will be to transfer data from data sources into data sets that are utilised by reports, data models and widely defined data users within Unilever. You will be a member of the D&D Capability team, co-located between Colworth (UK) and Wageningen (NL); which is a diverse team (age, experience, background, nationalities) driving Digital Transformation in Unilever Nutrition & Ice Cream R&D.
We are looking for someone with a passion and flair for working with large data sets, providing structured data to support data visualization and building of reports and dashboards.Responsibilities
- Engineering data pipelines to pull data from various data sources
- Create and maintain optimized data pipeline architecture
- Work with product owners to identify and design data solutions
- Engineer data models to connect different data sources together
- Work closely with other sub-teams of Digital & Data capability, along with Digital R&D and Unilever IT/UniOps, making sure applying similar processes and data standards
- Drive digital & data culture in Unilever R&D being an ambassador of IT tools and digital processes
- Critical thinking and flexibility to work effectively around technical and business constraints
- Good knowledge of the broadly understood subject of Data Warehouses and BI supported by hands-on experience
- Demonstratable ability to design, develop, implement and manage ETL solutions
- The ability to create/adapt an API will be an asset
- Experience using R or Python desirable but not essential
- Education: Bachelor or master’s degree in data engineering, computer science
- Experience and skills for configuring and developing solutions with following Azure technologies: Data Factory, DevOps, Data Lake Storage, and Container Instance
- Experience and practice in data management, data quality verification, data visualization, and data integration
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard tools
- Balanced profile of functional business knowledge/understanding and data/analytics expertise: preferred experience in Foods R&D or Supply Chain environment
- Fluent in English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, values inclusivity, can give direction and work effectively in multi-functional, multi-cultural and multi-located teams
- Favourable experience in agile project management and change management
- Passion for continuous learning and transforming self and others to bring value
- Ability to communicate data expertise work in “different languages” based on target audience: stakeholders, experts, R&D community
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Dove, Tresemme, Lynx, Lifebuoy, Shea Moisture, Persil, Domestos, Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum, Marmite, The Vegetarian Butcher, Graze and Pot Noodle.
Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’.What do we offer?
Unilever is the place where you can be yourself and bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. We offer an exciting & dynamic work environment where you can make things happen. Furthermore, we offer some great reward and benefits!
Excited about the role?
- Attractive total remuneration package; excellent company pension, bonus, share scheme
- Flexible cross-disciplinary career opportunities and a wealth of training opportunities & wellbeing resources whenever and wherever
- Plenty of company-paid holidays to further ensure your work-life balance is maintained
- We encourage an inclusive culture, which comes to life with interchangeable public holidays, paid paternity leave of 6 weeks and our transgender policy
- Working in a hybrid way: combining working from home and collaborating at office locations are at your customer or supplier. If your work permits, you may work from home for 60% of your time. We have good arrangements for setting up your home office.
- Informal culture and being the first one trying our new products
- My Fitness Plan (reduction on your Fitness Subscription)
- Green Mobility Policy
Join Unilever and our team! To apply, you must do so online. Please do not forget to upload your CV and a motivation letter. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch shortly after the closing date to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Looking forward to meeting you!
Please note this is a Direct Search led by Unilever. Applications from agencies will not be accepted, nor will fees be paid for unsolicited CVs.Disclaimer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Unilever is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
By highlighting the gender diversity at the workplace, Unilever encourages women equally men to apply. If you look for a job after a long career break or after any type of leave, do not hesitate to apply.