Blacktrace Group is an exciting and dynamic place to work. Focusing on Productizing Science®, the group supports customers around the world in taking scientific discoveries and inventions and developing them into commercially successful products. The group’s portfolio includes a number of exciting and cutting-edge brands which develop, manufacture and globally market a variety of products and services.
Blacktrace manufactures a wide range of products. We are now looking for a motivated, bright and organised Computing Leader to join the Engineering and Manufacturing team, reporting to the Engineering and Manufacturing Manager.Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for product or service-related computing issues
- Leading the team of bioinformaticians, software and firmware engineers to follow a high standard of engineering practices.
- Work closely with cross-shore development team to communicate individual task assignments in a daily scrum environment.
- Scope out the requirements to create and manage development schedules.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing bugs in products.
- Manage technical infrastructure including, but not limited to, AWS images and instances, deployment procedures and tools, and monitoring.
- Assisting R&D and Manufacturing Engineering teams in building and testing prototypes during Production Release projects.
- Strategizing and planning product release schedules that go in line with the company’s business and technical direction as well as customer feedback.
- Working towards and reporting on individual, team, and company objectives
- Using initiative to make improvements to workflow efficiency and overall productivity.
- Experienced in scientific data analytics (biological, chemical).
- Significant experience with single-cell bioinformatics pipeline.
- A highly analytical mindset and eagerness to solve technical problems with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, software and firmware frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Experienced in cloud providers (AWS, Azure) and their associated services.
- Experienced with version control and repositories, ideally experience with Git/ Atlassian/ Bitbucket/ Jira.
- Experienced in development methodologies and project management, preferably Agile.
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills, leading a team to work towards a production schedule.
- Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in multidisciplinary teams of multiple scientific, technical, and commercial people, and comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Set and maintain excellent levels of quality.
- A sound understanding of engineering concepts and microfluidics would be desirable.
- A coder with experience in key languages used by the company: Python, R, Java, C#/.NET, or similar would be desirable.
The role is based in Royston, a short commute from Cambridge. Staff benefits include 25 days paid holiday per year (not including bank holidays), pension scheme, private health insurance, cycle scheme and a ‘green’ car scheme.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, and we welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, religion or belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.Please note - strictly no recruitment agencies.