JOB ID: 5156
Construction Project Manager - Solar PV
Location: Remote (with travel to London Stansted area)
LSP have partnered with a leading renewables utility to recruit a Solar PV Construction Project Manager in the UK to deliver large scale C&I projects around London Stansted (most of the work can be done from home office). The role will be a 12 month contract inside IR35.
The Construction Project Manager will be responsible for delivering Commercial and Industrial (C&I) Solar PV projects. The role will support the business development team during the development, feasibility and consenting stage of PV solar projects for I&C clients. The role will also involve managing the Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) process and interface with Engineering team. Following successful investment approval of a project, the role will become a lead role in the delivery of construction projects within budget, to the agreed programme timescales, meeting quality targets and in line with our clients Zero Harm ambitions .This lead role will then involve preparation of all work scopes, tendering, negotiation and subsequent project management and successful delivery of all related construction contracts through to successful handover of the facility to the Asset Operations Team.Key Responsibilities
- Implementing Health and Safety policy and carry out regular checks and balances to ensure that it has been correctly applied in all the aspects of the construction project activities.
- Enable Development and Business Development departments to successfully achieve Financial Investment Decision on pipeline projects and acquisitions.
- Manage the client information aspects of the Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) process.
- Manage the development of the construction budget and develop the delivery programme for the projects.
- Manage the development of construction cost estimates, resource schedules and construction programmes during the Non -Binding and Binding offer stages of proposals
- Work closely with internal engineering team members to accurately assess project DC capacities, electrical connection options and yield throughout the various stages of project
- Developing the procurement and delivery strategy for the projects with the procurement team and keep up to date with market intelligence relating to PV
- Implementing the tendering strategy for the project.
- Preparation of work scope packages.
- Lead the Invitation To Tender process (ITT)
- Manage the contract negotiation and award process and subsequent project build and delivery programme.
- Manage budgets approved at FID and assigned to the project.
- Develop the Risk register and carry out on-going risk review of the projects with team members
- Project Manage the construction phase of projects
- Management of all stakeholders through the construction phase to foster and maintain excellent relationships.
- Liaise with the Development team for projects which require planning permission to understand all associated risks, costs and timescales.
- Degree in an engineering/relevant discipline, or significant experience delivering Solar PV projects in the UK.
- Significant/demonstrable experience of construction management skills, working on Construction projects, particularly PV solar in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Thorough understanding and experience of delivering good health and safety practice.
- Working knowledge of PV solar (Rooftop and ground mounted) - PV module and inverter technology, connections to existing electrical infrastructure
- Experience of leading a project team effectively to deliver the project goals and objectives
- Experience in defining parameters/constraints to enable design optimisation for safe operations during Front End Engineering and Design and Due diligence
- commercial skills and budgetary control.