We’re making zero carbon happen
We’re OVO Group, a big family of companies united by a single vision: to get to zero carbon, fast.
We call this Plan Zero – and it shows how we’ll be fighting the climate crisis and transforming the way people use energy over the next decade. To do this, we need the sharpest minds. Are you up for the challenge?Do great green things with OVO Energy
So much has changed since we launched in 2009. Our goal remains the same though: make energy cheaper, greener, and simpler. Just as it was on day one.Everyone belongs at OVO
Our aim is to build a diverse and inclusive movement: teams of brilliant people, with unique talents, skills, passions, and experiences.
We encourage everyone to join us, whatever your gender identity, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, life experience, or background. So please come as you are – we can’t wait to meet you.Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
The role sits within OVO Energy’s Zero Carbon Living (ZCL) Solutions growth business, but specifically within OVO’s EV charger business unit.
This can be a remote role with travel to the office as and when required. The main base would be our London office, but we also use our Bristol Headquarters.
We are all about the future tech that's going to help us towards delivering Plan Zero and helping decarbonise our members' homes and transport, so we’re growing our EV Charger business and this will be a critical role to help us make sure what we say we can deliver to our customers via our surveyors is absolutely spot onWhat will I be doing?
The Technical Design Consultants will review all of the surveys completed by our customers to ensure an EV charger is technically feasible to install. You’ll then take this information to complete all relevant DNO submissions and provide our customers with an accurate quotation.
The ideal candidate will have a previous electrical background in EV charging, electrical configurations & materials, cable runs, and previous use of Onroute & Jumptech software would be a big advantage.
Specifically the role would include:
Is this the job for me?
- In depth reviews of remote and site survey information to check technical feasibility of the proposed EV charger/s.
- Provide guidance to our customers on any EV charger queries that arise throughout the survey journey.
- Complete all DNO submissions in line with current requirements and liaise directly with them in relation to any DNO feedback.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance in identifying, analysing and resolving project challenges.
- Work closely with our EV engineers to ensure all survey requirements are met at time of install.
- Evaluate and own risks, challenges and opportunities, making recommendations on future strategy.
- Represent OVO at external industry events to help build our profile and reputation as a tech leader in this space.
- Support ZCL services team to compile handover packs to our customers upon completion of each installation.
- Become an OVO expert in all things electric vehicles to be able to provide support to customers wherever they are on their EV journey
Ideally you will be/have the following:
Brilliant Benefits For a World-changing Team
- Sound technical knowledge of both hardware and software solutions relevant to EV charging installations.
- Knowledge and experience of EV charger installations including IET code of practice.
- Previous experience in installation, repair, maintenance or surveying of electrical/EV charging installations.
- Previous experience working with EV Charger survey platforms (Jumptech/Onroute)
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work with others to build a strong team relationship.
- Able to operate at a high level independently.
- Adaptable and flexible in your approach to plans and be able to respond confidently and positively to changing scenarios
Our people are at the heart of Plan Zero. That’s why we offer plenty of green benefits and progressive policies to make you feel at home.
For starters, you’ll get 34 days of holiday (including bank holidays).
Then there’s Flex Pay. It’s an extra 9% of your salary on top of your core pay to use as you like. You can take it as cash, add to your pension, or choose to spend it on a huge range of flex benefits.
Here’s a taster of what’s on offer:For your health
With benefits like a healthcare cash plan or private medical insurance depending on your career level, critical illness cover, life assurance, health assessments, and moreFor your wellbeing
With gym membership, gadget, travel and cyber insurance, workplace ISA, will writing services, DNA testing, dental insurance, and moreFor your lifestyle
With extra holiday buying, discount dining, culture cards, tech loans, and supporting your favourite charities with give-as-you-earn donationsFor your home
Get up to £300 off any OVO Energy plan (when you pay by Direct Debit), plus personal carbon offsetting and great discounts on smart thermostats and EV chargersFor your commute
Nab a great deal on ultra-low emission car leasing,
plus our cycle to work scheme and public transport season ticket loans
Want to hear about our full range of flexible benefits and progressive people policies? Our People Team can tell you everything you need to know.Oh, and one last thing...
We’d be thrilled if you tick off all our boxes yet we also believe it’s just as important we tick off all of yours. And if you think you have most of what we’re looking for but not every single thing, go ahead and hit apply
. We’d still love to hear from you!