At British Gas, we have one of the best-known services brands in the country (with 95% brand awareness). Whilst the last few years have not been plain-sailing, we still have a family of door-opening brands that are the envy of many, and we are really excited about the future.
We’re evolving to become a truly purpose-led organisation, helping millions of customers to live more sustainably, simply and affordably. We truly believe that we have a huge role to play in helping the nation to cut carbon emissions and prepare for a net zero future.
We’re excited about a future where we can help every driveway in the UK to have an EV charger, thousands of homes to be powered by a heat pump, and so much more.
Change of this magnitude doesn’t happen overnight, but we truly believe that we have a huge role to play in helping the nation to cut carbon emissions and in helping millions of households through a once in a generation cost-of-living crisis.
From a Digital perspective, we’re on a mission to transform the relationship our customers have with their homes. We’re creating connected products that are powered by innovative technologies and brilliant services. Through our family of brands, we will work tirelessly with our customers to understand their needs, problems, and homes to constantly improve the services offer and help grow our business.
To get where we’re going, we need a Commercial Transformation & Planning Director to drive, lead and manage a major and complex Commercial transformation programme at pace to increase efficiency, drive simplicity and improved outcomes, ensuring involvement and engagement with key stakeholders.
You will work with the business unit directors, programme sponsors and programme managers to deliver transformational change that enables us to deliver our medium and long term customer and commercial goals.
We need a strong leader who has experience of working in a cross function matrix organisation, someone with demonstrable experience in managing large programmes or portfolios of projects, and dealing with senior stakeholders.
- Business owner for the commercial transformation programme ensuring successful delivery to agreed timelines within cost frameworks
- Accountable for the simplification of the commercial portfolio across our strategic business focus areas
- Accountable for achieving set customer outcomes through a series of complex internal and external changes
- Work with all areas of the business including supporting functions to develop a vision, business case, scope, impact, budget, plan and organisation across wide-ranging interconnected change for the Transformation programme
- Establish and run effective programme/portfolio governance, agree scope and approach of the programme/portfolio, drive decision making, identifying and removing obstacles to progress, resolving any conflicting stakeholder issues, supported by comprehensive reporting
- Assume overall ownership of the plan, budget and scope, taking accountability for delivery of the required business outcomes/benefits to time, cost & quality requirements
- To manage the delivery and relationships with internal functions and the contractual relationship with third party suppliers.
- Deliver the programme/portfolio in accordance with quality standards, agreed change methodology, and Portfolio Governance standards
- Resource planning and leadership; ensuring there are adequate resources, including contingency arrangements, to run the programme/portfolio and deliver commitments; leading, motivating and coaching the programme/portfolio team, across functions and structures
Our people are the beating heart of our business.
We are incredibly proud of our commitment to being FlexFirst. From childcare to furry friends, we listened to our people and understood that they work best when they are comfortable and have a flexible working model that suits their individual needs. We embrace the opportunity to give our colleagues a choice to work from anywhere whilst still ensuring they can connect and engage with their teams through office days, employee networks and virtual events.
In addition, after listening to what matters most to them, we have tailored our well-being & benefits package around our employees.
💰 Competitive salary and bonus potential
💡 Up to £580 Employee Energy Allowance
👵 Pension scheme
🚗 Electric car lease scheme
⛱ 33 days holiday allowance, inclusive of public holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 additional days
🏋️♀️Excellent range of flexible benefits, including technology vouchers & travel insurance
🌲 We are committed to creating a cleaner and greener future.
And we’re making big changes to help us get there. That means cutting customers' emissions and our own to reach net zero. And because our people are the beating heart of our business, we will continue to champion inclusivity, develop future skills and invest in our local communities to create a better world for everyone. As part of our reforestation project with WeForest, for every new employee that joins our family, we plant trees in underprivileged areas in Tanzania to offer farming and wildlife economy opportunities for locals.