Join us on a mission to save the planet!
Reversing the impact of climate change is one of the world’s biggest challenges. And businesses have a responsibility to lead the way. While individual consumer choices are important, over 80% of all the emissions reductions necessary for the world to reach Net-Zero, require business-level action.
But despite the growing momentum and ambition from companies around the world to set Net-Zero goals, there are significant challenges to delivering on these ambitions. Business leaders don’t really know how they will get there. And the very first step, of getting emissions measurement right, is hard.
Terrascope is a smart carbon management and accounting platform that empowers corporations to decarbonise their operations, portfolios and supply chains in a trusted, confident, and secure manner.
We are on a journey to build digital tools and analytics, datasets and algorithms, and an ecosystem of technical expertise and partnerships needed for companies to optimise their climate strategy
Terrascope is backed by one of the world’s largest food and agri companies and global leader in climate action and sustainability. With their significant strategic advantage and secure funding, the venture is uniquely positioned to drive profit with purpose; driving decarbonisation in supply chains while generating outsized financial returns.
As a Senior Carbon Data Anayst
your work directly correlates to customer success. You will play the crucial role of implementing a clients first carbon measurement on our carbon platform. Your learnings as you work through this process will feed back to the product development team to further improve yours and the clients user experience on the platform.
Why Work With Us
- Tackle the greatest challenge of our generation and make a real difference in the world
- Build a startup from scratch in an exciting, meaningful, and game-changing space
- Work with cutting edge technologies in hybrid SaaS, big data and data science
- Enjoy the upside of working in an early stage startup environment backed by the financial security and strategic advantage of a corporate context
- Sustainable and flexible working culture with support for remote models
- Competitive compensation and benefits (including base, bonus, insurance and more)
In This Role, You Will
- Collaborate with our Customer success manager and interface with the client to define the data required to complete a customer’s organisational carbon measurement
- Work with customers to help them provide the correct data required for calculation. Provide guidance on what additional data is required to enrich raw data sets for footprint measurement.
- Transform unstructured data sets provided by clients into structured data which can be ingested into our products data processing pipeline to calculate carbon emissions.
- Use our platform to calculate, map, and publish carbon footprints that will be used by a company for its carbon measurement, management, and reporting.
- Provide feedback and learnings to our product development team to improve your workflow and extend the platforms capabilities.
What We Are Looking For
- Have skills in writing SQL queries, data engineering and structuring skills, or have a quantitative background with a desire to learn!
- Are detail oriented and willing to make sense of unstructured data. You understand how numbers from an excel sheet translate to real world transactions and operations.
- You take ownership of your work, and are comfortable working in a client facing role.
- Are a strong verbal and written communicator who can simplify and communicate complex concepts to a novice audience.
- Are excited to be part of a team that is looking to solve climate change, and are passionate about this space.
- Bonus: You have prior experience in climate or sustainability related industry and knowledge on Green House Gas Accounting Principles.
Terrascope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.