Chubb now has an opportunity for a field-based Fire Systems Engineer to cover a geographical area South West London. The main goal of this role is to carry out routine servicing, testing, inspection, repairs and installation of fire detection, fire alarm and associated equipment and products. As a Fire Systems Engineer your work is essential, keeping our customer sites safe and secure, whilst maintaining Chubb’s reputation and profitability.
What will I be doing as a Fire Engineer?
- You will carry out routine servicing, testing, inspection, repairs and installation of fire detection, fire alarm and associated equipment and products to relevant legislative and Company’s qualitative standards
- Reporting of any changes or deficiencies of fire safety systems
- Where required, you will plan and organize own work program to ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and organized way
- Share technical and problem-solving ability skills and knowledge with colleagues in the team
- Fully understand and comply with any site-specific H & S requirements and/or training relevant to a site being worked on.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- A recognized Electrical or Electronic qualification and experience of installation or servicing of Fire alarm and Emergency lighting systems.
- Approved Electrician and/or City & Guilds 236 Pt 1 and 2 in Electrical Installation and maintenance or equivalent desirable
- The ability to read prepared plans and technical sketches, service and repair systems in accordance with information provided, and record changes to and the location of equipment on the installation drawings and the O & M manual
- Must be able and willing to participate in out of hour’s standby and call out rota
- A confident and professional manner in front of customers
- Current UK driving licence
- Be within commuting distance of SW London.
- The ideal candidate must possess high personal standards of workmanship, ambition and take pride in the work they carry out. Happy to work autonomously and be committed to working safely to meet all health and safety and statutory requirements
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Salary plus overtime (subject to experience)
- Company vehicle or cash allowance
- Mobile Phone
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Employee scholarship scheme
- Benefits Central Platform hosting employee reward and recognition initiatives and health and wellbeing resources
- Bravo Awards which recognise outstanding contributions from all employees and encourage excellence
- Paid refer a friend scheme
- Development and progression opportunities
Creating solutions for people and our planet, our company values are our absolutes -
- Own what we do
- Protect people first.
- Think Steps ahead
- Bring energy to challenges
- Win with integrity, together.
We work and win together, while never compromising our values.
Chubb is a leading provider of fire safety and security solutions & services for customers worldwide. We have been protecting people and assets for over 200 years. Today, our 14,000 employees in 250 branches in 17 countries work to make the world safer, protect people and provide peace of mind. Our fire, security and monitoring services cover more than 1.3 million sites around the world.
We welcome applications from Engineers who live within a commutable distance of London, Essex, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire.
Chubb is an equal opportunities employer.