If you are a Graduate Engineer with an interest in safeguarding the environment and a desire to travel, this Graduate Projects Engineer role may be for you. We are looking for a Graduate Engineer with a chemical, mechanical or electrical degree or equivalent, to work closely with our Engineering Projects Manager, specialising in cathodic protection. Full specialist training will be given as part of this role. The role is initially office based, within the office at Telford, but will in time include travel both within the UK and globally to support cathodic protection projects around the world.Graduate Projects Engineer Responsibilities
Graduate Projects Engineer Requirements
- Assist in and learn to evaluate project and field engineer services enquiries and produce compliant, comprehensive, and cost effective bid proposals.
- Assist field services engineers in onsite activities such as surveys, installation, and commissioning works.
- Work with the Sales Department when costing material and shipping elements for project engineering quotations and contracts.
- Assist in and learn to execute contracts in accordance with time-schedules, costs, technical and commercial specifications agreed at each stage of the contract.
- Assist in and learn to schedule Cathodic Protection Technicians workload including fieldwork activities.
- Assist in and learn to manage project commercial and technical work activities, including the design and commissioning process for technical documents.
- Learn and Implement Company Health & Safety policies, Environmental policies, and Quality Control procedures.
- Assist and learn to organise and ensure the correct implementation of on-site risk assessments.
- Assist in ensuring that the technical library, calculation spreadsheets and other technical aids are up to date, and in line with recognised standards.
- Assist in ensuring that all engineering test equipment is logged, maintained, and correctly calibrated.
About BAC Corrosion Control
- A recognised Engineering qualification chemical, mechanical, or electrical engineering
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and keep a number of plates in the air at any one time.
- Analytical ability
- Able to work with Microsoft Office
- Previous experience with MS Project would be an advantage.
- Prepared to work outdoors and to travel.
At BAC, we play a key role in protecting metallic critical structures, which if they fail, could cause environmental, health and safety and/or economic disaster. Our cathodic protection (CP) systems protect the steel/metal in critical structures to provide longevity, safety and environmental protection. Working all over the world, we export around 90% of our CP corrosion control products and services, protecting offshore windfarms, motorway bridges, marine jetties, ships hulls, power stations and oil and gas supply pipelines, as examples. We are not a large company in the UK, but we are part of a family-owned, globally oriented group, which strives to do business in a responsible way, where neither people nor the environment are negatively affected.Location:
36.5 hours (worked over 4.5 days Monday to Friday, with flexible start and finish times each day)
You may have experience of the following: Projects Engineer, Graduate Engineer, Chemical process Manufacturing Engineer, Manufacturing, Production Engineer, Production Engineering, Process Engineer, Process Engineering, New Product Development, etc.